“Wonderful”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lisburn Road
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The nicest steak I've had in northern Ireland
. Steak cooked to perfection (medium). Clean tidy staff friendly would highly recommend. However one slighty bad note booked table when arrived didn't have booking but got a table straight away

1  Thank neilcarrick

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only eaten here once, but had steak and it was to die for! Pretty quiet when we were there, but it was a Wednesday night so we won't hold that against them! Maybe a little expensive, but the food was good!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Out for Sunday lunch just popped into the Porterhouse by chance. The staff were very friendly recommending their steaks, I don't eat meat but my boyfriend had the steak. He usually has his steak well done, the waiter recommended he tried medium rare, he said it was really nice. I had the chicken which was really lovely. The food here is beautiful and in nice surroundings with very helpful and friendly staff.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Popped in for dinner as it was close by to where I was staying and had good reviews here. Not super hungry, so just ordered a main of rib-eye. Waitress advised me to have it cooked medium; well, I'd usually go for rare but I'm always up for taking advice from the experts so I gave it a go. Wish I hadn't - steak arrived on the well done side of medium. Waitress would have replaced it but I didn't want to hang around on my own so kept with it.

It was a huge steak but, notwithstanding the degree of cooking, not very flavoursome - I've had way better rib-eyes off the shelf from the supermarket. Chips were OK but nowt special. Large glass of house red completed the meal.

Waitress generously offered a complimentary dessert or drink, but when I refused those she took the glass of wine off the bill, which was nice of her. None the less, rather expensive for what I got.

I'm obviously in the minority here having had a disappointing experience at Porterhouse, but some you win...

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Took Girlfriend to Porterhouse last night. She had never been before and wanted to try somewhere different!! Staff greeted us as soon as we walked in, they were very friendly and helpful. We were seated straight away. Recommend booking in advance as filled up very quickly! We didn't wait long for our food to be served. We had pork belly and rib eye on the bone! Both were cooked to perfection! We also had tobacco onions, mushrooms, champ and the brandy and peppercorn sauce! All very tasty!

Will be there again very soon and will definitely recommend to family and friends!