“Underwhelming”

Neighborhood: Lisburn Road
Leicester
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Popped in for dinner as it was close by to where I was staying and had good reviews here. Not super hungry, so just ordered a main of rib-eye. Waitress advised me to have it cooked medium; well, I'd usually go for rare but I'm always up for taking advice from the experts so I gave it a go. Wish I hadn't - steak arrived on the well done side of medium. Waitress would have replaced it but I didn't want to hang around on my own so kept with it.

It was a huge steak but, notwithstanding the degree of cooking, not very flavoursome - I've had way better rib-eyes off the shelf from the supermarket. Chips were OK but nowt special. Large glass of house red completed the meal.

Waitress generously offered a complimentary dessert or drink, but when I refused those she took the glass of wine off the bill, which was nice of her. None the less, rather expensive for what I got.

I'm obviously in the minority here having had a disappointing experience at Porterhouse, but some you win...

“Best I've ever had!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Took Girlfriend to Porterhouse last night. She had never been before and wanted to try somewhere different!! Staff greeted us as soon as we walked in, they were very friendly and helpful. We were seated straight away. Recommend booking in advance as filled up very quickly! We didn't wait long for our food to be served. We had pork belly and rib eye on the bone! Both were cooked to perfection! We also had tobacco onions, mushrooms, champ and the brandy and peppercorn sauce! All very tasty!

Will be there again very soon and will definitely recommend to family and friends!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Third time returning and I'll be back again”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was my third time eating at Porterhouse and I will definitely be back. Best steak in Belfast. Brilliant service, friendly staff, gorgeous home made food. I always recommend this restaurant to folks and will continue to do so

Belfast
“Best restaurant in Belfast”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Eaten at Porterhouse on several occasions and never disappointed. Usually have the ribeye steak as its the best I've tasted and always cooked to perfection. I also love the warm and friendly atmosphere. Went again recently with another couple and had the pork belly for a change. It was deeelicious! Really tender and crispy on the outside. My partner and one of our friends went for steaks and the other had the (enormous) steak burger with all the trimmings and all raved about how mouthwateringly tasty everything was. All washed down with a great bottle (or two) of red (good wine selection at Porterhouse too). We had a selection of desserts which were all yummy. I especially liked the lemon fool. The couple we went with had never been to Porterhouse before and were really impressed with the high quality of the food and the great service. Nothing was too much bother. All in all a great night out. Will be back again soon. PaulaB

“Wow excellent food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A group of us went to Porterhouse last night and ate from the pre-theatre menu. The starters included ribs and breads with an amazing butter. Mains included a seafood pasta, pork belly, steak and a new steak burger. All of them were a great hit and we were impressed with the amazing flavours produced. Some of is couldn't resist dessert and were not disappointed. The service was great and surroundings were relaxed and friendly. a great night for all.