“Just AMAZING loved it :-)”
Review of Deane's at Queens

Deane's at Queens
Ranked #90 of 1,050 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Just AMAZING loved it :-)”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous lunch at Deanes at Queens today had been dying to try it after following the very talented Chris Fearon on great British menu. The restaurant is light airy and spacious with a lovely relaxed vibe we had a lovely table at the window. The service was quick , efficient and really friendly. The food really was amazing they have a fantastic great value " working lunch" menu on but we decided to really treat ourselves for starter I had the smoked salmon with crab mayonnaise and my friend had the duck rillette beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. Mains were pork belly with prawn tempura and salmon on the most unusual and visually stunning crushed violet potatoes both were gorgeous. I asked the waitress Anna about the potatoes and she was happy to find out where I could find them and even wrote the information down what a star!!
We were at this point quite full but we weren't going to be beaten and had dessert creamy and light banana panna cotta with a chocolate brownie and a steamed toffee pudding amazing!!!
I absolutely loved this place everything is fantastic I really can't fault it. Mr Fearon is a really talented chef. Will definitely be back next time for dinner I think :-)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice but buy a sandwich before hand...”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went for lunch for the first time, with my parents who were over visiting. My boyfriend and dad both had starters, the Caesar salad and soup. The Caesar salad, although nice, was very small, but the soup was lovely. The mains were also very small. I had the pasta and I think it may be the first time I've ever had pasta and still felt hungry!! I think as well for a service charge to be added before hand is very cheeky. A tip should be earned and is for the waiters and not the restaurant, adding it automatically leads to complacency and very basic service which we experienced today!

Although the food was very nice, the portion sizes would only fill a child- maybe to promote the whole £6.50 lunch you make the portions bigger?! This and the service let you down a lot. Complacency gets you nowhere!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Regular at all of the Deanes restaurants but a little disappointed with this visit. Ordered the steak special with a colleague who also ordered his steak medium rare. Well done steak arrived which the waitress proceeded to tell us in a somewhat indignant and abrupt manner was what we ordered . ( not the case) . Waitress after presumably some prompting stated it was her fault and offered to replace a third colleagues meal to synchronise our consumption. The young lady was not very convincing and her attitude somewhat spoiled the evening. Maitre de "Sol" off and to be fare I don't think this would occur own his watch. Couple of nice bottles of JN Riocha.

• Visited June 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Individualistic”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first visit to a Deane's Restaurant. The quality of the food is of a very high standard and the atmosphere was genuinely relaxing. You are not crammed into every available space so that you feel you're sharing your meal with the strangers at the next table. The spacing of the restaurant is perfect making the walk either to the bathroom or the door easy. We give a big thumbs up for a table for two not being one of those dinky tables you can barely fit a bottle of wine onto. Everything has been well thought out and it shows. A starter of crispy, salty, chilli squid was amazing. I've only tried squid once before and I hadn't like it at all. This was a world away; I could easily have finished a second portion but when the starter's this good generally the main is on par. The tomato soup across the table met with approval too. The main dish of chicken was excellent as expected. Served with greens, potato puree, pancetta and roasting juices. The chicken was juicy and tender, the potato puree was rich and creamy, the whole dish was satisfying. The haddock served across the table was "remarkable" and did not last long at all. We were both stuffed but really wanted to taste a dessert so we agreed to share one going for the sticky toffee pudding. The few bites I managed were moist and sweet but I just didn't have any room left. The other half "did me a favour" and finished it off! The restaurant is great. Try it some time!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went there over the weekend for a family birthday. The food was excellent and it had a lovely atmosphere, not too noisy. Our waitress had amazing attention to detail and really could not have done more for us. She looked after my elderly relative who was celebrating his birthday extremely well and ensured had all he needed.