“Go for the Early Doors”

Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Sedgefield, United Kingdom
“Go for the Early Doors”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Sampled the early doors menu. This is good value at £40 for 2 for a 3 course meal including a carafe of wine. Excellent choice of starters - all sampled were very tasty. Really enjoyed bacon risotto - with the smokiest bacon I have ever had. More limited selection of mains - there will not be something for everyone here. Calves liver was good, fish and chips - fairly petite, good quality sauasages. Deserts on menu - panecotta, chocolate fondant, cheese board (with excellently smelly camembert).

Service was very good - you don't need to remember waht you ordered - but not impressed with automatic service charge - which was not well advertised.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank 1hugh1

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The wine was fine. The food was too salty. The automatic service charge should be left as discretionary. The service was excellent though.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank 110416
Carrickfergus
“Dimly lit dinner”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was one of a party of seven fromer colleagues on one of our regular nights out. It was my first visit to any of the Deane's group of restaurants. In our group no-one ordered starters. I chose a rib-eye steak from the specials board, it was served cooked exactly as ordered and included bechamel sauce, together with a generous helping of chips and a salad bowl which I shared with one of my friends. The lighting in the area of the restaurant where we were seated was decidedly lacking and I actually found it quite difficult to see what I was eating. The dessert menu had some quite unusual (in my opinion) combinations but I was more than thrilled with my choice of lemon tart with raspberry coulis - when served it look like a work of art and the flavour combinations were excellent. All my friends enjoyed their meals too, and most plates went bavk to the kitchen empty. I was pleased to know in advance that the bill would include 10% service - noted in a previous review, but not seen on menuu - maybe due to dim lighting.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Maureen P
Bristol, United Kingdom
“An unexpected delight in Belfast”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We called in at 11 on a Saturday and only managed to get a table at 6:30 for that evening. But the charming waiter and welcoming atmosphere convinced us to take that time. What a great decision. My starter of blue cheese, beetroot and figs s the most perfect starter, the caramelised walnuts added crunch and a little sweetness. An excellent main course of duck with rosti and blackberries was equally well cooked and showed good attention to detail. Great location, excellent food, a lovely place.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Just ok”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The decor is just ok. The £6.50 lunch menu is fine. The dinner menu is expensive for the quality of the food. The other Deanes restaurants are much better.

Visited March 2012