“Great value for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited this restaurant with a grab one voucher which included 2 courses and 2 drinks for £20 which was great value I had chicken wings followed by a steak (£5 extra charge) and my boyfriend had the burger food was tasty service was great will def return!

There are newer reviews for Ryan's Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Meeting up with family for lunch in the Queen's area we decided on Ryan's, as we had visited some time ago for an evening meal. The staff were very helpful and the selection of food was very good with a range of options. We opted for the express menu ( 1 course and soft drink for a set price) 2 of our party sampled the sandwich and soup combo which they enjoyed. I chose haddock and chips ( lovely light batter on the fish). My son had chicken tempura in chilli which was a little disappointing as the 2 pieces of chicken looked a little like a child's portion, however with the side of chips it was sufficient. No desserts sampled on this occasion, just a pot of tea to finish. Overall for quality and value for money it was very good and I would visit again when in the area.

1  Thank bak12016
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Been to Ryan's on many occasions and every time it has been fantastic!
The staff are excellent and attentitive, the food is phenomenal; steaks, burgers and chicken wings some of the tastiest in Belfast.
The bar is a nice and casual spot and they ocasionally have themed quizzes, talent contests and chicken wing eating competitions; all of which are fun and entertaining. Always something happening. Ryan's is a great spot, great food, great service and just a chilled out place.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My favourite restaurant in Belfast - great service, great food at great prices and they'll always try to find you a table if you don't have a reservation! I eat here all the time and I've never been disappointed - the chicken wings are a must!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We used to eat here frequently and decided to revisit for a quick meal one Friday evening.
We had called ahead to book and when we arrived we were shown to a table practically on top of other diners...anyway we knew not to expect a romantic evening here. We were told the 10 meal deal was on and that's what we oped for.

We both had the chicken wings - one hot sauce one bbq. I think the chicken wings have really gone down hill. The quality of the chiken was ok, but the sauce was watery and a real let down.
For mains i had half roast chicken - which was bland and lacking in flavour - it felt like it had just been slapped on my plate- almost like one of those really bad wedding meals you can get. The chips as a side order were overcooked and werent nice. My bf had the burger. He is not one to complain about food, ever, but he turned his nose up at what he described as a "frozen" burger rather than one made fresh....

While this is good value at a tenner ahead, the food was really bad, so bad that we won't be back unfortunately.

1  Thank travelbugjen