“The best Seafood restaurant to date”
Review of Mourne Seafood Bar

Mourne Seafood Bar
Ranked #14 of 1,107 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great Local Seafood In A Friendly,casual Environment
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My surprise birthday evening meal @ Mourne Seafood Bar was amazing.

Sitting right beside a lively pub from outside this place is deceiving and hiden but those doors open heaven for food lovers.

The service was friendly and not rushed. The food was so devine that Mourne seafood bar is to date the best I have been too.

Perfect. .. Thank you.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Mourne Seafood Bar. During a three night trip to Belfast, this was my favourite restaurant. In fact this is one of my favourites anywhere. Visited with my wife on a weekday night, we walked in at lunchtime and booked for evening meal the same evening. I thought we had better book as it was very busy at lunch, and sure enough there were lots of customers being turned away that night, so make sure you book. Dropped into Kelly's bar next door for a Guinness or two before our meal. Started with the Oysters Rockefeller, then had the Mourne Seafood Casserole washed down with a couple of pints of Oyster Stout. My wife had the Mussels and a daily special of seared scallops. Everything was truly superb. If you like seafood this place is a must.

2  Thank john3690
Reviewed April 25, 2014

So happy to find great seafood in Belfast. If you like fresh, well-cooked seafood, visit the Mourne Seafood Bar. For starters, my husband had the seafood chowder, which was rich and laden with a variety of seafood and I had the salted chili squid with a spicy chili sauce and homemade mayo, which I was assured was pasteurized, as I'm pregnant. The mains delivered more flavour. The whole sea bass with citrus vinaigrette was a mouthful of the freshest flavours of the sea. The monkfish was superb with a langoustine sauce. Staff were friendly and attentive. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank Beasmart
Reviewed April 25, 2014

On a day trip to Belfast, we were recommended to try here for lunch, and it was wonderful! Totally unpretentious surroundings, very pleasant staff and a great menu with excellent food. When we mentioned that the chips were not as hot as they could be, it was no problem: immediately they were removed and replaced. Had a very good quality meal with wine at a fair price - you know it must be good when locals are queueing up to get in. We'll definitely make a point of returning!

2  Thank elinis
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed by my experience here, not because it was bad, it was because I had such high hopes as had heard some great reviews.
I had crab claws & mussels, ive never had crab before but I found this dish quite bland. The mussels came in a large deep dish & most of the top lacked any sauce. It was ok, nothing to write home about. However, I will say that the people I was with really enjoyed their meals & I found it all quite reasonably priced so I wouldnt rule out a trip here again, I would just try a different dish. I was disappointed that they didnt have lobster on the menu even though as they had it on their online menu.

1  Thank ibiza_rox