“Great food awful waiter”
Review of Mourne Seafood Bar

Mourne Seafood Bar
Ranked #15 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Great Local Seafood In A Friendly,casual Environment
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have enjoyed going to this restaurant for years and even though it is a little over priced with not so generous portions the food has always been very good so it has been a firm favourite for myself and my friends since it opened. Unfortunately however on 3 recent occasions I have had to endure rude unfriendly staff to the point that last week I almost walked out. Our waiter was impatient and seemed to either hate his job, or to be having a bad day as there was nothing but a look of misery and scorn on his face. I was sarcastically spoken down to when I asked "are the chips skinny fries or chunky homemade style" the waiter looked at me disgusted, rolled his eyes and replied "everything is homemade and they are just chips" Interestingly there are lots of similar comments on here about the terrible staff. Also felt the food has changed too, skinny greasy McDonald type fries, one mussel in my chowder, small portions - I won't be going back here in a hurry!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,465)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had prawn risotto in Dubai a few years back, it was fabulous. I was delighted to see it on the menu at Mourne last week, and it was better than before!! Try it!! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Oysters are lovely and the monkfish was beautiful. Food is so fresh and tasty and the staff are friendly and very welcoming. We have been before and will go again and would always recommend

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The best mussels I've every had. Friendly and courteous staff. A little hard to find but, even without a reservation I wasa welcomed.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visited here last week on Friday night. Restaurant was extremely busy, usually a good sign. This is predominantly a fish menu as one would expect, however the offerings for anyone in your party looking for a meat option were very limited. The quality of the fish component of the dishes was superb, however some of accompaniments were very poor. Skinny chips in a restaurant of this quality no way. Why serve a great monkfish dish with a tasteless celeriac mash. Can only assume celeriac delivery did'nt arrive that day. Service while ok showed lack of maturity and experience. Staff too quick to remove empty glasses in an attempt to promote drink sales. Instead of providing individual glasses of water the purchases of a few jugs would have sent a more welcoming message to patrons.

1  Thank Raymond C