“Nowhere better in Belfast.”
Review of Mourne Seafood Bar

Mourne Seafood Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great Local Seafood In A Friendly,casual Environment
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This could be my third review here. Six of us were here on Saturday and we had an amazing evening. Cocktails to begin with, took some time to arrive but were worth their wait. Best cosmopolitan. First courses of squid, risotto, fish cakes and oysters all tasted and loved. Mains of lobster,scallops, monkfish, steak and risotto equally enjoyed. The service was excellent, friendly and helpful. We were given recommendation to try Hudsons bar, what a gem. The whole evening was great, our table was booked for 8.15. No rush to make us leave which we finally did at 11.40 even though we were the last ones upstairs, some other tables still chatting downstairs. Consistently excellent hence it's consistently full. Thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went to Mourne Seafood while visiting a friend in Belfast. We wanted somewhere in the city centre with good honest food. We got this in Mourne Seafood. We sat upstairs and could see the food leaving the kitchen. The menu was amazing, I could have ordered anything on the menu it was all fabulous. They also have a daily specials menu. I ended up choosing the langoustines and salad for starters and the cod and gnocchi as a main, both of which were off the specials menu. They were cooked perfectly and presented well. My friends meals were also fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The drinks menu was also comprehensive. They also do cocktails which were nice but could probably do with an upgrade in comparison to the food. The staff were friendly and good fun and able to banter with us. I will definitely return when I'm in Belfast again!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stumbled across Mourne Seafood Bar completely by chance when I first visited Belfast a few years ago. I had such a good experience that I've been telling anyone visiting Belfast to check it out. Was delighted to visit again on a recent weekend trip. The food quality is as high as ever - I had Japanese-style oysters, monkfish fillet and a lovely glass of chilled white wine - though the restaurant has now expanded considerably and reservations are crucial. The original downstairs dining room is the best and it is a lot less atmospheric in the pub venue is the second and third floors. Service is great and prices are extremely reasonable. A must-do for seafood lovers!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited Mourne Seafood last night with friends. We had pre-booked thankfully as it was packed as always. We had a table in the Oyster Bar which was cosy.
The food was second to none. Two of us had the Seafood Chowder for starter which was so tasty and just a good size (we went for the cup rather than the bowl).The other two had the mussels - good sized pot and served with crusty bread. I also sampled these and they were delicious. For mains two of us had the seabream which was served on a bed of spinach in a mushroom cream sauce and with a few little potatoes. It was so good that I didn't want it to end. The others had the seafood casserole which they seemed to really enjoy. As if we needed any more, we also indulged in desserts and between us sampled the sticky toffee pudding, the chocolate cake and the vanilla cheesecake - all were to die for! This is by far the best seafood restaurant around and we'll keep coming back time and time again. I think that's our fourth visit. The staff are so attentive and friendly too and that really adds to the experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times and the food has always been excellent. This time I had arranged to catch up with an old friend over early dinner and had booked a table from 6 which I was told we could have until 8 pm. By 10 past 7 we had finished eating and having coffee so they bought the bill over immediately (even though we hadn't requested it) and then hovered near our table for the next 30 mins until we really felt so uncomfortable we just got up, paid and left - real shame as I do like this restaurant and the food is excellent, but this time I won't rush back!

1  Thank BristolGill