“Good oysters, avoid crab claws, to die for chips.”
Review of Mourne Seafood Bar

Mourne Seafood Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,088 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: great local seafood in a friendly,casual environment
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Above average food and service, good price pre theatre menu. It would have scored higher if the location was in a less run down part of Belfast.

There are newer reviews for Mourne Seafood Bar

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We've wanted to try this place for a long time, and finally got there one Saturday afternoon.

First impressions; An odd entrance past their fishmonger, and then a cafe/bar space.
We were met at once by a terrific waiter who took us upstairs to their annexe, as they were so busy. We had the "Graduation" menu, as it was that time of year.

The Food; Outstanding! Creamy chowder, Chili squid, Hake, Seabass and Champ. All washed down by their smooth, delicate, Oyster stout - the perfect accompaniment.

This was one of the best meals we've had in years. With dessert, two drinks, and coffee, the bill came to £51, a bargain.
It's not a cosy, romantic place......the atmosphere is smart/casual, so no tablecloths, etc. Would it be any better with all that? Don't think so. This place is all about the food.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

She had and Hake as a main and I had the fish cakes starter - plenty of fish and flavour in them - and a whole Sea Bass which was fresh and meaty - ie not over cooked, and it tasted of fish rather than being dominated by the sauce.

Had a free sample of their home made stout - which was surprisingly light and seemed to go with the meal pretty well. I'll be drinking this when we're back in Belfast.

The waiters were welcoming and able to chat about the food seemingly quite knowledgeably, and even tho the restaurant was very busy didn't rush us.

All in all really delighted with the experience....

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate at the seafood bar a few weeks ago with American relatives.
The service was appalling, loads of silly wisecracks which did nothing to endear us to the waiting staff, one of whom was downright sullen.
When I asked could I have extra anchovies in my Caesar salad she practically rolled her eyes telling me there were anchovies in the dressing.
Call me blonde, but anyone who has ever eaten this salad before * might* just have known this.
Then we had to hurry on, so we went to the counter to ask if we could have four Irish coffees. This was met with * are you trying to make my life difficult?*
To which my son replied * ditto* and I said * isn't this what you are are paid to do?*
I could have seen through it if we had been pushy or rude but we were polite at all times.
I was ashamed in front of our American visitors .
After singing the praises of this seafood bar I'm sorry but it goes down to a 2* until the sullen wise cracking attitude disappears.
Shame.
Food was as excellent as ever, pity the service wasn't up to the same standard.

3  Thank Anita C
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, staff was brilliant ( especially Curt) and price reasonable. We had the oysters and turbot fish which were perfectly cooked and served. A must go for everyone in Belfast!!!