“Good value, knowledgeable waiters and very, very nice fish!”
Review of Mourne Seafood Bar

Mourne Seafood Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,073 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: great local seafood in a friendly,casual environment
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good value, knowledgeable waiters and very, very nice fish!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

She had and Hake as a main and I had the fish cakes starter - plenty of fish and flavour in them - and a whole Sea Bass which was fresh and meaty - ie not over cooked, and it tasted of fish rather than being dominated by the sauce.

Had a free sample of their home made stout - which was surprisingly light and seemed to go with the meal pretty well. I'll be drinking this when we're back in Belfast.

The waiters were welcoming and able to chat about the food seemingly quite knowledgeably, and even tho the restaurant was very busy didn't rush us.

All in all really delighted with the experience....

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Belfast
“Take away three stars”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate at the seafood bar a few weeks ago with American relatives.
The service was appalling, loads of silly wisecracks which did nothing to endear us to the waiting staff, one of whom was downright sullen.
When I asked could I have extra anchovies in my Caesar salad she practically rolled her eyes telling me there were anchovies in the dressing.
Call me blonde, but anyone who has ever eaten this salad before * might* just have known this.
Then we had to hurry on, so we went to the counter to ask if we could have four Irish coffees. This was met with * are you trying to make my life difficult?*
To which my son replied * ditto* and I said * isn't this what you are are paid to do?*
I could have seen through it if we had been pushy or rude but we were polite at all times.
I was ashamed in front of our American visitors .
After singing the praises of this seafood bar I'm sorry but it goes down to a 2* until the sullen wise cracking attitude disappears.
Shame.
Food was as excellent as ever, pity the service wasn't up to the same standard.

3 Thank Anita C
“Must visit in Belfast”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, staff was brilliant ( especially Curt) and price reasonable. We had the oysters and turbot fish which were perfectly cooked and served. A must go for everyone in Belfast!!!

• Visited July 2013
“What a fantastic place”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Out of this world. Great service, great atmosphere and above all great food...my new favourite place.

• Visited July 2013
“Always a treat”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I really don't go here often enough. Our most recent visit was o a busy evening. There's not alot of privacy, but to some that's part of the atmosphere in a restaurant. The waiter was very knowledgable about the fish on affer, and I tried Gurnard for the first time. Simialr to cod, but more flavoursome.
People who eat the same thing everytime need a slap in my opinion, but there's always a good variety of locally caught products here.