“Pleasant surprise”

Bennett's Bistro
Ranked #247 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local friendly Bistro, to nip in to for a quick coffee or linger over a tasty meal with friends, alongside great conversation over a bottle of wine.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Last minute booking for two family's out together on a Friday night and couldn't get anywhere in Ballyhackamore and they suggested Bennett's. I wasn't looking forward to it and was concerned they could take 9 on a Friday evening at short notice.

I was totally wrong, we were seated on one of the big booths with an extra table. A wide choice of food to suit everyone, all of which was very fresh and well cooked. It was completely full, a great atmosphere and good night overall.

1  Thank BelfastHarland

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Came here with my sister not long ago on a Sunday for brunch. Took far too long for someone to take our drinks order: one fizzy water and one coffee, given that there were only seven tables eating I really think the drinks could have been rustled up quicker but hey ho that's not really my gripe with Bennett's it was the omelette I ordered. I, in all honestly have never seen anything like it. I was an egg frisbee, rock solid, in short overlooked. How can someone be a cook and not know how to make an oomelette? My three fillings were cheese, mushrooms and bacon. The bacon, oh the bacon. They were bacon lardons which had been cooked to beyond belief. They were black!? They had to have been pre-cooked and then reheated (not sure if that's safe actually, mind you I only think they were precooked and that is only on the basis that they were so black, tasteless and crispy, think oh a giants burned toenails and your close). The omlette really was shocking when the waitress asked how we were getting on I told her how bad the omlette was, illustrating just how well done it was I lifted it on the fork, the whole omelette. She didnthe right thing, asked if there was anythiny else I'd like instead and when I declined took it off the bill. Wouldn't fancy trying any more off the cooks handy work given the fact he couldnt manage something as simple as what I ordered for brunch. It could well be that the cook just has a thing with eggs, my sisters scrambled eggs looked awful, she said they were terrible but as she's a greed cow she ate them anway. Everything was over-priced too, especially the fizzy water, but most places are guilty of that.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have visited here quite a few times as it's only around the corner. Called in with daughter and grandson for early evening meal. Staff very friendly. Great food, good sized portions and great price. Love love love the pork belly!!!!! Only I was driving on this occasion I would have had some wine, they serve a lovely Merlot. Will just have to wait til next visit!!!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

excellent surf and turf at a very reasonable price - cheaper than city centre prices but still getting same high quality
friendly staff
homely feel

will be back

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Often pop in here mid to early morning nice atmosphere and good food a little on the expensive side but good for a treat. Service and staff good sometimes a little crowded with windo seats for 6 sometimes with 1 person reading a paper.

Still like the Idea of having a drink with the breakfast outrageous