“Bypassed For Too Long!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Carrickfergus Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
“Bypassed For Too Long!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Beatrice Kennedy's has been a familiar landmark for so long it has worn the mantle of that place we've always meant to try but never gotten round to. What an oversight!
We've been twice in the last three weeks, both times for their pre theatre menu. The food is excellent, the choice good and wine by the carafe a great idea if someone is driving home. Servers are friendly and unobtrusive, and the understated elegance of the decor makes for a nice change. Somehow the food and surroundings partner up perfectly and make for a winning ambience.
I can see why they have such a loyal clientele.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tripstaker

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Had amazing time !! Food and service was amazing deff be back!! The waiter was great!! He help us pick or wines!! That suit are seafood meal!! My friend had steak!! He said !! Best steak ever!! Going bring all my family next time!! Thank you for a great time

1 Thank John S
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Waiter had hygiene problem and extremely bad smell all over the restaurant”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We have been going to BK for about 20 years and as usual had it booked on Mothering Sunday. Unfortunately there was a very bad body odour in the restaurant and it was quickly established it was coming from a member of staff. I asked the experienced waitress if she could prevent him from serving our table and she agreed to serve us personally. Unfortunately she didn't and the same waiter was allowed to serve us. I felt very ill and had to leave the premises, got no lunch and it completely ruined my Mother's Day. I had to call the restaurant four days later as no approach had been made to me to resolve the matter. I was offered a free bottle of wine when next in the restaurant but I don't drink so I was told "to make myself known the next time" and they would "get something sorted out". There won't be a next time and so nothing was sorted. The matter remains unresolved.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank LesleyMcA
London, England, United Kingdom
“Awful fatty steak”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Wanted to go here for a long time and when we got round to it I was really let down. The service was good but the food was poor. I ordered a steak and it was lacking in flavour and very fatty.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Menna A
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very nice and friendly place,the food was amazing and the staff was really fast and helpful! totally recommended!!! :)

• Visited April 2014