“Best restaurant in Belfast!”
Review of Buskers Restaurant

Buskers Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Beatrice Kennedy is by far the best restaurant in Belfast, a little treasure next to queens university that is a must if your visiting Belfast or for any special occasion. Not only is the food incredible, the staff are so friendly and helpful. I have been here on a number of occasions for evening meals and this truly is fine dining, the food is executed perfectly by excellent chefs. Yesterday myself and my husband visited Beatrice Kennedy to try their lunch time menu and once again we were not disappointed, I had squid for starter and my husband had the mussels, the freshness of the seafood and the light flavours were delicious. For main course I had the Thai yellow curry, which I have to say was out of this world, I normally let my husband taste my main course and vice versa but yesterday he was not getting hands on this main course, never have I tasted a Thai curry with as much flavour and just the right hint of spice to warm me up on an autumn afternoon.

To sum up this restaurant is little gem, the food is spectacular, the service is fantastic and the atmosphere is cosy, traditional and relaxed and the lunch time menu is amazing value for money. I strongly advise everyone in Belfast to try out Beatrice Kennedy.

Natalie

1  Thank natalie r

Reviewed October 3, 2012

On a recent trip to Belfast we came accross this gem of a restaurant in the Queens Quarter. We were well impressed with the food, wine and service.
How good has it got to be!!
Well Done to all at Beatrice Kennedy.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

brillant meal. great service. will def b back but why wont the chef cook well done steak!! u have to order the mussels to die for

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is an unusual restaurant in many ways as it caters for such a wide clientele, from young couples right through to elderly diners. The food is varied, fresh and exciting, presentation excellent and prices reasonable. The staff are attentive without being intrusive and friendly without being stuffy. Sunday lunch is exceptional value at £17.95 for 3 superb courses. I recommend this restaurant based on it's fine food, great menu and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Mixed reviews so have promised to give the place another chance. The restaurant is tastefully decorated in period style but as there was no heating on or soft furnishings our food quickly went cold as did we. The background pop music cd on repeat is simply wrong. Onto food and our starters were excellent, seafood risotto and mussels. Shame there was no bread to soak up the delicious sauce accompanyong the mussels. For mains my companion ordered the steak which due to the way it was cooked (flat iron) tasted ok but looked like and had the texture of a fry's turkish delight. Not for me this style of cooking a good steak.. I ordered the chicken pie which had an overpowering onion smell but little flavour although the chicken was cooked to perfection. The meal came with chips and fries but we ordered two extra sides mash and salad. For dessert we shared a sticky toffee pudding, really good. I ordered a Calypso coffee but there was no Tia Maria so we opted for After Eight instead, very nice. Overall not bad but have a feeling the two bottles of wine and boozy coffees influenced this. We had a groupon voucher (£20 - 3 course meal for two with tea/ coffee) and still the lunch bill came to £55. Add our £20 taxi fare and tip ontop of this it's not a cheap lunch.