“excellent meal”

Cuisines: French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2012

wanted to go there for ages couldn,t get booked then it went out off my head so tonight was great dinner was lovely the dessert was one of the nicest i have had in a long time littles bits of different delights that wasn,t heavy will be going back there real soon

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I have been here 3 times now and each time am extremely impressed, been twice for romantic meal and once for a work dinner with group of 13 people. The things I love about it:
Wheaten bread is home made and excellent beginning
Attention to detail, excellent finishing touches to all dishes
Great selection of wines, I only drink red and each one recommended has been supurb
Great decor and atmosphere
Friendly staff happy to talk through the menu / ingredients and always around when you need them without shadowing your table
The starters and mains are like works of art and delicious
Portion size is just the right amount.

The pre theatre menu is great value, 2 gourmet courses with glass of wine for 14.95, its making my mouth water just thinking about it.

My only advice is based on one instance we were placed upstairs and were waiting for the waitress for drink refills, however after ordering the food came within no time, maybe just check in on upstairs guests more frequently.

In my opinion this is unlike any other dining experience in Belfast, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Oh how I have meant to visit this restaurant! It's taken us years to finally get around to it and boy was it worth the wait. I LOVED it.

This was my Birthday dinner out with friends, one of whom recommended it. The atmosphere is delightful with tables close together but not on top of one another, a fabulous homely feel (as if you are in a well to do lady's home and she has opened her living room up for the evening) and great decor. We sat my the sash window with the red geraniums on the sill - so sweet.

The staff were lovely and the menu just prefect - diffenately something there for everyone. Plus allergies were not treated as a problem, in fact all was taken in an easy and confident way.

Beautfiul fresh baked wheaten bread was served, we had an absolutely delicious Pinot Noir and whilst we waited for our mains, we were treated to a sample of the chef's new pea and spinach soup - now where else do you get that?

I had the Duck with green beans and cherries and it was the best I have ever tasted, no lie. My friends were equally impressed with their choices (another Duck, a Lamb and Beef). This was followed by a dessert of mango mousse, chocolate mousse, roasted pineapple and passion fruit - light and terribly tasty. Lots of BK embossed chocolates arrived with the bill and were perfect as that last hit of tastiness.

4 adults with mains and desserts and 2 bottles of wine was around £130 including a tip.

I should imagine it won't be long before we think of a reason to go back :)

Reviewed August 22, 2012

From the street the restaurant looks quaint and inviting. The interior lives up to the outside expectation. We enjoyed a table at the front of the restaurant looking out over the geranium filled window boxes and out onto the passersby.
We had an early booking therefore we selected from the pre theatre menu. The choice was very decent and the price very reasonable (£14.95 per person – 2 courses and 1 glass of wine). The food was delicious and presented appealingly. We also ordered dessert which was beautiful.
The service was good – attentive & friendly but not overbearing or intrusive.
I would definitely dine here again and would highly recommend it to others.

1  Thank Suzinthesun
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Must be our fifth or sixth visit to BK. This time it was a party of 4. Apart from one visit where the scallops starter was basically one small scallop (that was a few years ago), Beatrice Kennedy has never disappointed. Without delving down into all the details, we had a wide selection of all starters, mains and desserts and all were cooked and seasoned perfectly with generous portions. An affordable wine list with dessert wine and irish coffees rounded off a perfect evening.

Its one of those places that has really got its act together and never fails to impress.

1  Thank 2016-Paul