“Good food poor loos!”
Review of Woodman

Woodman
Ranked #105 of 645 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good food poor loos!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Been here quite a few times, twice in last month. On both occasions found the food of a good standard and the waiting staff very attentive and efficient. However, what spoilt my visits was that on going to the toilets there was a lack of toilet roll! Perhaps someone needs to make more regular checks on the facilities when there are always going to be a lot of people using them.

• Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Popular and busy”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We popped in here one lunchtime for a quick bite to eat. It was very busy but the staff were polite and friendly. We could not faulty our food, but the service was a little slow. We got the impression that they had difficulty coping when the place got busy as I could see from the staffs actions that they were struggling to keep up with the flow of customers.

1 Thank geronimo1049
Porthcawl
“Good dining experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited with five family members today 16th June for a Fathers Day Sunday Lunch, having booked the table for 1pm we arrived at 12.50pm and we were escorted to our seats by friendly staff, loads of room around our table, we ordered drinks and they were delivered to our table in a reasonable time. Once again as my Wife and I are Vegetarians we were given one choice only, it was a good thing that we both liked what was on offer, the other members of the party were meat and fish eaters so they had quite a few dishes to choose from, I would not say the food was good or bad but average for pub grub, the cost at £14.00 a head for two courses was high for what we had, the young waiter was excellent.

• Visited June 2013
“Waste of money gone downhill!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you like good food with excellent service and drinks then don't even bother with this place. Not sure if they have had new staff/chef but it has gone down hill since our last visit. Waited 15 minutes for drinks then a further 20 minutes for our starter. we were not made aware that there was any wait as the place wasn't even busy. Whilst we waited for our main our glasses got empty to which no one came to check therefore I had to go to the bar and ask! Our main course took 40 minutes to arrive partially cold. Our dirty plates were left to sit on the table and we had to request them to be taken. There was no shape on our waitress. Bone idle sums her up infact. We had to then request our dessert which we had already ordered at the start. They then told us they didn't have any cream. We told them to leave the dessert as we had been in the restaurant for 2 hours. Absolutely appalling. We expressed our concerns to which we had 4pound deducted from the bill. Will never return here again. New staff needed desperately. If your thinking about this restaurant then think again as there are many other fantastic restaurants in this area which will knock spots off the woodman.

• Visited June 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Woodman, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear LovetheSunshine88xx, thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I have sent you a direct message so that we can discuss these concerns further. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer
swansea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went for evening meal. On arrival we where shown to our table which was stuck in a window.with a candle on the table which had seen better days. We ordered drinks then starters which was ok. We then ordered our main meal, sirloin steak medium for my wife & medium rare for myself. My wife's steak was hardly cooked and completely raw inside which she sent back to cook again. When returned it was cooked more but still not medium. When we eventually started to eat the steaks they were so tough and mine was impossible to eat. I then complained and was not charged for my meal. I wonder if the cut was sirloin or something else, Spoilt the night.