“Good value - pleasant public house”
Review of Dylan Thomas

Dylan Thomas
Ranked #466 of 662 Restaurants in Swansea
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Redditch, England, United Kingdom
“Good value - pleasant public house”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Typical "Fayre & Square" pub - huge choice on the menu that can be a little confusing but food arrived within about 10 minutes of ordering and was exactly as expected. Staff were pleasant.

• Visited August 2014

Wales
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great menu choices, and excellent value. Lots of the meals are 2 for £10 or have another special deal associated with it. I ordered the chicken with cola sauce which was delicious and plenty of it. The staff were very friendly and helpful, I was served at the bar and at my table very quickly. The decor of the pub/restaurant is now a little tired though.

• Visited July 2014
“Terrible ”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The menu deals were confusing and staff agreed they made no sense. The menu is the strangest slapped together meals I have ever seen. Who came up with Sausage in a roll, with curry sauce and broken poppadom over the top?

My food was overpriced and over cooked, could not distinguish between chicken and bone.

The waitress was walking around moaning about her job and other members of staff. They were turning customers away for food because they were quite (you will be turning customers away).

Nobody bothered checking if our meals were okay, probably just as well. I was waiting for the question to be asked. My wife asked me not to complain.

At the bar the chef came out and luckily my wife did not see him, especially before eating. His chefs whites were filthy and I mean filthy.

Give this place a wide birth and go to Burger King or the pub up the road.

I will never ever eat in this place again. Its overpriced with awful food and very unwelcoming.

2 Thank james m
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Dylan Thomas, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear james m

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Dyaln Thomas with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Honest and reasonable”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Very ordinary pub food outlet which is obviously well used by the families in the area. The cleanliness was good and the service excellent. Good choice of food with bargain meals thrown in. The food was good but not adventurous or haute cuisine. It was good honest pub food and great value. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff tolerant of the demands of their customers.

Visited July 2014
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Not Good”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My partner and I went here for Sunday lunch and we were very disappointed.. We waited 50 mins for our turkey roast to arrive , all the while we could hear the kitchen and waiting staff having a good laugh in the kitchen!!. When it did arrive it was luke warm, vegetables so hard I couldnt cut them.... no excuse really as we waited 50 mins, the size on them should have been cooked in less than 15 mins!!!!!!!! gravy like water, and the whole meal was tasteless. This was the 2nd time I had the roast ( I always give a 2nd chance ) but have been disappointed both times. I would like to say that when I have ordered other meals they have been very good.

• Visited June 2014