“Best indian restaurant i've experienced” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mumbai

Mumbai
Ranked #105 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Best indian restaurant i've experienced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've been eating in this restaurant for at least 6 years and can honestly say i've never had bad food. We are used to such a high standard that on one occasion once dish out of a table of 6 came and it was a little too hot "greasy" for the person's tastes (looked fine to me) the waiter instantly removed it and replaced the dish with a fresh one within no time at all.

Every visit we are made to feel very welcome and are always happy with the food, so much so we visit 2-4 times a month.

I've challenged many of my friends and work colleagues if they have a bad meal there i will pay for it - no one has claimed !

To the people who complain about the buffet - buffets in all indian restaurants are always like a zoo, they are full of cheap people, you can't rate a restaurant on your experience on a buffet night, unless of course you only out on such occasions then more fool you.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Kb1233

“Good value buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Have been here a number if times now and the food and service us very good. The Sunday buffet is good value at £9 with plenty of choice.

2 Thank Leigh B
“Shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Have visited here so many times and everything has always been top notch but last night my view changed.
Although I may have been in the wrong for not hearing him properly I was not happy with the service I received.
My boyfriend asked for Two large cokes and the man said yes, then said is two bottles okay?
So we said yes, thinking he meant he would bring us a bottle each instead of a glass as I know they give bottles instead here -£2.20 each!! Rip off!
He returned with four bottles of opened coke and when I said oh we meant one each he said, sorry madame but I've opened them now and I did tell you. They'll make me drink them otherwise.
I thought this was quite rude as he hadn't explained himself clearly, why would we want four bottles when there are only two of us, plus he shouldn't have opened them all at the bar. We didn't drink them all which is a waste, but I guess they didn't care as they got £8 out of us for only drinking two cokes!
Put me in a bad mood for the rest of my meal then. When he came to check we were okay, you could see the sort of "best put my waiter attitude on" before walking away. Also it was empty. We were the only customers on a Saturday night and it was only 9pm!

The food was lovely and the service of everyone else was lovely, it's a shame they were empty I didn't enjoy being the only customers and he should have taken back the two cokes we didn't order.

1 Thank SRD1994
“Great Sunday buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This must be the best value buffet in Swansea. Superb choices of starters and mains. Well presented, always hot, great variety. I haven't found a better Sunday Indian lunch. The staff are all very helpful and cheery. Great experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Haydn C
“Too many chances!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Although I have dined many times at this restaurant over the years there are too many times that are a miss instead of a hit! The Sunday buffet although ample choice serves up hard naan and soggy chips with a very average curry. And the last 'sit down' experience, a dinner with friends will be exactly that, the very last!

Visited November 2013