“Shame”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Have visited here so many times and everything has always been top notch but last night my view changed.
Although I may have been in the wrong for not hearing him properly I was not happy with the service I received.
My boyfriend asked for Two large cokes and the man said yes, then said is two bottles okay?
So we said yes, thinking he meant he would bring us a bottle each instead of a glass as I know they give bottles instead here -£2.20 each!! Rip off!
He returned with four bottles of opened coke and when I said oh we meant one each he said, sorry madame but I've opened them now and I did tell you. They'll make me drink them otherwise.
I thought this was quite rude as he hadn't explained himself clearly, why would we want four bottles when there are only two of us, plus he shouldn't have opened them all at the bar. We didn't drink them all which is a waste, but I guess they didn't care as they got £8 out of us for only drinking two cokes!
Put me in a bad mood for the rest of my meal then. When he came to check we were okay, you could see the sort of "best put my waiter attitude on" before walking away. Also it was empty. We were the only customers on a Saturday night and it was only 9pm!

The food was lovely and the service of everyone else was lovely, it's a shame they were empty I didn't enjoy being the only customers and he should have taken back the two cokes we didn't order.

1  Thank SRD1994

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This must be the best value buffet in Swansea. Superb choices of starters and mains. Well presented, always hot, great variety. I haven't found a better Sunday Indian lunch. The staff are all very helpful and cheery. Great experience.

2  Thank Haydn C
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Although I have dined many times at this restaurant over the years there are too many times that are a miss instead of a hit! The Sunday buffet although ample choice serves up hard naan and soggy chips with a very average curry. And the last 'sit down' experience, a dinner with friends will be exactly that, the very last!

3  Thank davina s
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Mumbai is a very convenient restaurant with ample parking just off the Mumbles road. The actual establishment is spacious and nicely arranged (although the ambient music is sometimes a bit intrusive). The staff are attentive, friendly and willing to offer both good advice (as well as increasing or reducing the spice content of dishes) but you never feel under pressure to eat up and move on. The food is typically Indian but, in general, seems well cooked with fresh ingredients. It's a nice place to visit after a long walk or a bike ride by the sea.

1  Thank PFBrain
Reviewed January 12, 2014

A restaurant, I have visited for years and had always enjoyed. Last 2 years, been trying out different restaurants, but decided to try the Mumbai again, as I had always enjoyed the experience. To be honest, didn't think the food was as good as previous visits. I tend to try similar meals in Indian Restaurants ,so feel I can compare value and quality. Where on previous visits, I would have awarded 4 or 5 , this time it was poor/average. Sorry to write this, but there are other restaurants offering far better quality food in the area. Won't be back.