“Lovely food, shame about the attitude”
Review of Bouchon De Rossi

Bouchon De Rossi
Ranked #19 of 655 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely food, shame about the attitude”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner with friends, lovely until main course, when I was given tge wrong meal, tried to discreetly discuss with the waitor whos attitude was appalling and made me feel like an idiot. Possibly will not be dining here again as the food is lovely but if im paying £20 for main course i expect service with a smile!

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Oui Oui (Yes Yes)”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Went there for works Christmas dinner and love it. Had mussels for starters in a citron sauce and garlic. Very nice but wish I had the garlic.kings prawns. Main was duck breast and a brandy pepper sauce. When a waitress tells you its served pink you know you are on to a winner. Asked for the skin to be crispy too and it was perfect. Came with veg that was nice but you would habe to be a fool to mess up veg. Very reasonable prices and all twelve of us were stuffed and extremely happy after leaving. Only downside was the heating was stuck on high and I was sweating like a glass blowers bottom.

“Fast good food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a pre theatre meal, as it only a minutes walk away away from the Grand Theatre. We had booked a table for 5.45 (when they open). Upon arrival we were welcomed by a friendly waitress. We explained again that we had to be away by 6:45 which she said would be no problem. Our starters arrived quickly my pate was very flavoursome as was my wife’s soup. Our mains arrived quickly and again the flavours were excellent, my veal was tender and the sauce delicious. My wife had the sea bass which was a good sized portion and nicely cooked. We left with plenty of time to spare.

This is what fast food should be and I will have no hesitation in returning there when we are next in Swansea.

If you planning to go there pre theatre then I would recommend booking a table

Visited December 2013
Swansea, Wales
“Enjoyed. . . . but!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

A group of friends went to this restaurant on Saturday, 7th December, 2013. We were recommended to this great food restaurant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were looked after well, despite an almost full restaurant, we were served quickly and the food . . was really very good. As with a previous reviewer, I have to add my discomfort on two fronts - some of the chairs I sat on were very uncomfortable and were too low! Thankfully I arrived early and so could choose a decent one. My main concern was that of the noise level - whereas it is great to see and have a full restaurant - I am paying a lot of money for my food and a place to eat - so I don't really want to have to shout to my friend next to me to be heard! - If they just had some drapes around which could absorb some of the noise - then I could enjoy my meal in comfort. Reluctantly I am scoring them low because of this. I* as I say the food was superb! But the noise level!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Dengke
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great for Pre-Theatre Meal”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

For us, this restaurant is a superb starting point for an evening at the Grand Theatre. They are used to providing fast service for those needing to get across the road before 7:30. However on this occasion, our play (in the arts wing) was starting at 7pm, so I was a little concerned that we might be cutting it fine. I needn't have worried, sevice was fast, but not at a pace that meant you were rushed. The food, as ever, was very good. We opted for 2 courses and could quite easily have had time for three. The steaks are amongst the best in Swansea, and the menu is resonably priced. Well worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013