“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bouchon De Rossi

Bouchon De Rossi
Ranked #19 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have dinned many times at Bouchon de Rossi over the last 3 years and have never been let down. It is by far the best retaurant in Swansea, I compare all my dinning experiences to Bouchons' standards.

Having eaten at Bouchon on so many occassions, my taste buds have had the pleasure of trying most items on the menu, it's always hard to choose as everything is so delicious. I must mention here that the sea bass in white wine and garlic sauce is my favourite dish and whilst the pork medallions in mustard and brandy sauce are very tasty, the steaks are second to none ( I recommend having the accompanying roquefort sauce). I should also point out that although the menu shows certain sauces with specific dishes, they are most obliging if you would like to try something different-just ask.

Although I have never seem any other children eating at thus restaurant, I haven taken my daughter R for lunch on several occaions since she was 8months old and found the staff to be most accomodating with a high chair and a children's menu. From what I can remember the first time I took R the waitress came out with a bowl of vegetables for her to munch on whilst we ate our meals and then happily heated up the little pot of dinner we had taken for her. The first meal we ordered for R was the 4oz steak and vegetables which was very reasonably priced at £3.50!!

I have sat both upstairs and down, upstairs has a more modern feel to it and they tend to sit the bigger parties up there so it can get a bit noisy. Downstairs, has a more intimate feel with lower lighting and smaller tables, I prefer to be downstairs as it is also easier to gain attention from the waitresses.

Dining here in the evening can be a bit pricey but that is totally reflected in the food, the lunch time menu is very similar in choice but is much cheaper-excellent value for money! The portions are a fair size, allowing room for 3 courses, a couple of glasses of wine and a coffee at the end. I have to say that the house wine is lovely- Cuvée Jean-Paul.

Im no restaurant buff or food critic but I do enjoy fine dining and its rare that I come across somewhere like Bouchon where its hard to find faults. I fully recommend this restaurant to anyone as it certainly ticks all my boxes:- excellent food, great price lovely enjoyable atmosphere. I haven't been to Bouchon since April as I have recently had another baby but it is my birthday in two weeks so hopefully my husband has already made the reservation!

Reading back my review, it seems a little fanatic but all I have left to say is 'Try it for yourselves, you won't be disappointed!'.

• Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FIRST TIME EXCELLENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a first time visit with relatives from Scotland. I fancied the cannon of lamb but the waitress advised that the chef served this 'pink'. I heard from a friend after our visit that their lamb was not so much pink but more a fully paid-up member of the Communist Party. I haven't tried it so that's pure hearsay and no doubt a gross exaggeration!

I went for the tournedos and while I found the sauce a little strong/salty the four of us thought the whole meal was top class. One of our visitors commented that she wanted to come back every day so she could work her way through the menu.

Prices on food and wine were very reasonable given the quality on offer. The only downside was the venue was somewhat noisy but I was advised, again after the event, that the downstairs accommodation was quieter. After a couple of Stellas and the first glass of an excellent Muscadet it didn't matter anyway. A special mention for our waitress.- she was friendly helpful, knowledgeable and efficient.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Neath, United Kingdom
“Amazing ,amazing amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This must be one of the best restaurants I have ever been too. The steak was absolutely stunning one of the best I have eaten. Service was excellent with very friendly attentive staff, my partner and I can't wait to return. If I had one criticism it would be the starter menu which has a lot of fish dishes and as I do not particularly enjoy fish I was hard pushed to find something I really liked although my partner said the pate was delicious. All in all....fab!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Swansea
“Bouchon De Rossi is just heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

First visit to this restaurant after a number of my colleagues have told me how wonderful it is. So went to try and what a wonderful place it is, stunning food, fab service, helpful waitress. Very reasonable prices for the extreme high quality of food they serve. This was my first visit but definitely will not be my last, amazing and I highly recommend it

Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had the most delicious desert with you yesterday. I can't remember the exact description on the menu but is was a round shaped meringue with apricot collis.
Any chance of the recipe?

• 3 of 5 bubbles