“Very disappointing”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I decided to go here to celebrate my fiance's graduation with our close families. His family were from Cardiff and hadn't been to Swansea's marina or the new development before. Needless to say expectations were high but we were soon leaving feeling very bemused! The meal was booked a few months in advance for a lunchtime. Firstly, on arrival we wanted some cold drinks due to it being so warm. However we were told that we could only have alcoholic beverages as these were kept in fridges. These were not cold and we had to request ice. Then when we were sat a table, we had to wait 15mins before we could request drinks or a menu. We had someone who was disabled and were told that she had to still go up to look at the menu as they don't hand them out. The food was nothing special but one of our party found a stray hair and another's steak was cold! Worst of all was the waitress who kept barging between my family members to clear the plates and glasses! Finally, we had to sit in silence as the set up of the place is such that it's like a canteen and you can't hear what people are saying who are sat next to you never mind across the table. I was told that this restaurant was one of he best in Swansea but I've been to fast food restaurants which have had better service and etiquette than here!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank MsHNorris

Swansea, United Kingdom
“complete downfall in service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have always eaten in La Parrilla and really enjoyed the lunch time menu. Have eaten there on many occasions some waiters have been better than others. I visited 3 weeks ago after trying to book on a saturday for 2pm did not hear nothing via email rang up and was advised they were fully booked so booked for 12pm however was told would have to leave by 2 due to another booking. I ordererd my food which was steak and chips which I have ordererd many times before they brought my food out and it was covered in pesto all over my plate and I was served frozen chips, every timeI have eaten there they always provided lovely hand made chips . I complained to the manager about my food as I was not able to eat it and they took m steak away basically looked like it had been washed over and put on a new plate i could still tatse it strongly.When I finished my meal they asked if I had enjoyed which I had replied the food was a poor qaulity the waiter jus replied 'Sorry about that 'and walked off we asked for the bill and had to wait 20 minutes to pay. My boyfreind had to ask for a drink about 3 times and finally came when he finished his food it was not even busy in there. I wrote an email of complaint expressing my feelings due to the very poor customer experience and guess what they have not even replied so I think it really does show how much they value thier customer service. Up untill this day I had always really enjoyed however I do not think I will be spending my money there again it was more like a pub meal than the restaurant they try to represent themselves as.such a shame

4 Thank jasmine w
“Wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Ate here one weekday lunchtime. We were seated straight away , without a booking.We Chose from the £9.95 for 2 courses menu. The portions were of a good size. The chicken was a little over cooked and the soft drinks were only 3/4 full but over all it was a good deal. I have heard the quality is better in the evening so may visit again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shockingly Bad”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was told over phone that you can't book a table for 4 people. Arrived at restaurant and was told we would have to wait 45 minutes. Left and returned 45 minutes later and was made to wait another 25 minutes. Never seated politely, waiter just pointed at the table. You have to get up and order food at the till. Waited but no one came around offering drinks, had to shout across to the waitress. Food was OK, but had dry, frozen chips served to us. Very loud, busy restaurant. Would not recommend, or return!

1 Thank Pete B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very rude head waiter needs lessons in customer services soon”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have been to la pirrilla on several occasions and always been pleased with food service ect on this occasion found head waiter very rude as u cant book a table for two people I was told on t telephone I was told to come along about 130 a we should be able to get a table on arrival we ordered drinks we then went to the restaurant an enquired about a table before even finishing my sentence head waiter put his hands up in front and just kept repeating we full very rude !!! on returning to the bar to have our drinks we had t cut through the restaurant several times to use the toilets and yes there were plenty of party's there but there was also plenty of empty tables for two which we had requested I could see that staff were more concerned in setting up the restaurant for evening perhaps management are not aware of this I understand they are the same owners as the brass in wind street what a difference in customer service where in the brass they can't do enough for you!!! perhaps management should put the head waiter in the brass for extra training cass swansea

1 Thank griffcc