“I'd go back again”

Ask Italian - Swansea
Ranked #91 of 695 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Swansea is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Swansea menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Came here for a leaving do with about 10 other people, food was served quickly, it was tasty as always and the staff friendly. Would go back again.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Awful food, overpriced and poor service. Two of our meals had to be sent back and the replacements not much better. Service was so slow we were offered a free drink and then they had the nerve to add nearly thirty pound service charge.
The company I was in was the only good thing about the whole experience.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Despite the reviews iv just read I must say we really enjoyed. We went on monday night and couldnt fault a thing. It was busy but the food and service were fantastic. Clare and Amelia were fab!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had booked for fourteen people. Waited an eternity for food. Staff most apologetic as they were short staffed. Some meals were returned as they were obviously dried up and they explained they didn't have a microwave.... A fresh meal would have been the favourable option. Vastly overpriced for the quality and flavour of the food. No lasagne available. In an italian restaurant..really!! No fresh fruit for dessert either. The wall going downstairs to the toilet was bubbling off due to severe damp and they had masked the smell with overpowering bleach, it was most off putting when you considered they were preparing food for human consumption in that environment. We eventually had a complimentary glass of bubbly and money off our mains but still got hit with a service charge. I wouldn't consider ever going there again, it was modelled on an ikea canteen however the food was not so tasty and a lot more expensive.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Eleven of us went in total. So disappointing, as it cost over £200, the food was sub standard and we even had to ask them to put the heating on. It was just 4 degrees C outside and not much warmer inside, yet they didn't switch the heating on. Most of us were wearing our coats while we ate. My wife had chicken which was processed, reformed and tasteless. My pork belly was nothing special and my dessert, described as 'grande' was small and missing some of the advertised ingredients. The food took quite some time to arrive, even though the restaurant was not at all busy, and the whole experience was much less than anticipated. I won't be going there again and for £20 per head, I suggest you don't go either.