“Overpriced and just a standard cafe style”

Ask Italian - Swansea
Ranked #85 of 720 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Swansea is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Swansea menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Portions are small and price is quite expensive for the comparable places in few meters away. Street has many large chain restaurents and local ones.
For the price paid for 4 people, we could have enjoyed much more in another place few meters away.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to ask swansea on Friday Sept 6th. It was about 2.30pm so it was quiet, but still had a nice feel about it. The young lady that served us was very friendly and effecient. We have been to ask several times before and always enjoyed the food. However, yesterday's was far better than anything we have had in the past. I had mushrooms and my husband had prawns to start, followed by lasagne. Each dish was superb, can not praise them enough. We opted for a share block dessert, three pieces of divine cakes and two scoops of delicious ice cream. We came out not only satisfied, but feeling we had had a real treat. Well done to the chef. Its so nice to sample food that has been cooked to perfection and at a reasonale price too. Thank you all at ask swansea, you made our day.

1  Thank Gwenllian812
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had an excellent meal in ASK. The pizza was perfect, just the way I like it, thin crust and crispy. The prices are very reasonable, and the location is ideal for a night out on Wind Street, something you won't forget in a hurry.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My mum and I went to Ask in Swansea for lunch as we were on a day out together. It's not the first time I've visited an Ask restaurant. She's vegetarian, so Italian is often a good bet, and we also found a voucher that meant we could eat here at a discounted rate. I would say that our initial welcome (or lack thereof!), was what really set the tone for this review. First impressions count, after all! I'm not sure if the waiter just wasn't in the mood for customers, or our voucher marked us as 'cheapskates', but he didn't make much of an effort to make us feel valued. When the food arrived it was actually very good, I had pasta and my mum had pizza. I think for me, eating out with friends and family is so much more than just the quality of the food. The best place are where you eat well and you feel like your custom matters. Atmosphere is really important. This branch of Ask needs to raise its game in order to feel like more than just another corporate chain.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

we were given vouchers as a present to eat here, we decided to go on a Wednesday evening, as we walked in the waiter informed us that they had delivery issues and a lot of the dishes on the menu were unavailable. we decided to stay and ordered a mushroom starter, and calzone for mains. the starter came it was three tiny bits of toast with 5 dry mushrooms which had obviously been roasted with garlic salt on them, very tasty but not worth the 6.50 it cost, the main course was a pizza pasty thing full of cheese, ham, meatballs and a vast amount of chilli's, it was served with one lettuce leaf, a sliver of pepper and a slice of red onion, again not worth the money, the restaurant looks dingy, and is quite scruffy in appearance, I was very disappointed .x wont be coming again.