“Excellent throughout”

Castellamare Restaurant & Cafe Bar
Ranked #19 of 645 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Italian and British Restaurant, Cafe Bar and Function Room overlooking Bracelet Bay and Mumbles Lighthouse. Indoor and outdoor seating. Fully licensed. Ample Car & Coach Parking in adjacent council car park. Children's outdoor play area. Cafe Bar serves breakfast (9.45Am until 11.15Am), pizzas, pastas, snacks, children's meals, ice creams & drinks. Restaurant has a 2 course Lunch Special (£9.95) And specials board - includes steaks, fish, chicken, & pastas. Extensive wine list. Reservations recommended. Great selection of vegetarian food, some gluten free options too. Function room for 40-70 people. Open 7 days a week.
london
“Excellent throughout”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We visited this restaurant with an elderly relative who lives in the Mumbles. It was our first visit and I had booked a table for lunch. We were greeted warmly on arrival and shown to a table with magnificent views overlooking the bay. The service was excellent and they catered fror our every need. We chose the Special Lunch Menu, which at £9.95 for a starter and a main meal was very good value. The food was delicious and plenty of it. We could not resist a dessert from the appetising choices and with coffee to follow and a glass of wine ti came to £22 each including the tip. I would certainly recommend it and if I did not live in London I would certainly go again.

jobaby0111, Manager at Castellamare Restaurant & Cafe Bar, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Thank you for your excellent review, we hope to see you again in the future!

London, United Kingdom
“Service ??”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I am not one to write reviews really but my recent visit to Castellamare prompted me to action. I had pre booked a table to celebrate my birthday with some friends from London and my family from Wales. It was a lovely day and it goes without saying that Castellemare takes advantage of a lovely spot just around the corner from the Mumbles. We tried to book at 1.30pm for around 10 people but presumably to avoid the lunchtime rush we were told they could do us a table at 2pm. My parents (early 70's) arrived early and waited for the rest of us to arrive and we were all sat down at around 14 minutes past 2pm. The waiter immediately arrived and told us sternly that the kitchen was closing at 2.30pm so we needed to order immediately. To cut a long story short he then proceeded to serve us with a face that can only be described as a bulldog chewing a wasp ! Everytime he was asked a question about the food he snapped an answer back and looked at his watch. My father asked for a bottle of wine which the waiter then slammed down infront of my Dad as though he had just asked him to slide down a razorblade using his b***s as breaks ! The attitude of this waiter was at best unprofessional and at worst down right insulting. He turned what was a beautiful lunch with loved ones into a rather uncomfortable cat and mouse game with a miserable and tetchy old git with the addition of OK Italian fodder and a hefty bill to boot. This restaurant has so much going for it merely by its location and it would do well to look very seriously at the quality of its waiting staff (family or not family). I am going to Castellamare in Italy in September and having been there before, I am quite certain this restaurant would not survive more than a couple of months with this rude, shabby and frankly amateurish approach to hospitality.

2 Thank RPDinner
London
“Fantastic Views, great food,”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We dined at the Castellamare 11 Aug 2010, the service was very efficient and the location was fantastic, with magnificent sea views. There was a great choice of food, with a large selection of daily specials as well as the standard menu. The food portions were absolutely huge, very fresh, and delicious.
Although we were planning to have 3 courses only ended up managing to fit in 2 courses due to the size of the meals,
This would have been a 5 star review, but for a minor issue which was that the starter and main course came out very fast, so you didn't have a lot of time between courses. However we were left to browse the desert menu at our leisure which was extensive. All in all a great restaurant., in a fantastic location with a great atmosphere.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Consistent pizzas”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Consistent pizzas

Wales
“overpriced, indifferent service”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Hadn't visited Castellamare for a few years. Astounded at the price hike. Nothing much under £15. Lobster a staggering £30! Our fish dishes were pleasant enough, but were definitely over-priced. There was a special lunch menu, but the waiter failed to point this out to us, much to my disappoinment.
A lovely location but another gripe is the sound level. During a fairly quiet lunch time, the noise level meant that we had to raise our voices to hear each other.