“Great value, great location”

Castellamare Restaurant & Cafe Bar
Ranked #18 of 672 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian and British Restaurant, Cafe Bar and Function Room overlooking Bracelet Bay and Mumbles Lighthouse. Indoor and outdoor seating. Fully licensed. Ample Car & Coach Parking in adjacent council car park. Children's outdoor play area. Cafe Bar serves breakfast (9.45Am until 11.15Am), pizzas, pastas, snacks, children's meals, ice creams & drinks. Restaurant has a 2 course Lunch Special (£9.95) And specials board - includes steaks, fish, chicken, & pastas. Extensive wine list. Reservations recommended. Great selection of vegetarian food, some gluten free options too. Function room for 40-70 people. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Have been there several times for family lunchtime birthday meals. Over twenty of us turn up and we always get a great meal. The two course special board offers a wide selection of food at a great price.

Although we are a large group and there are many other people in the restaurant we always have good service and all the meals arrive on time and cooked as requested.

The views are always spectacular whether it be a glorious sunny day or blowing a gale.

Ample car parking is available and you can either work up an appetite by walking along the glorious Gower coastal path before your meal, or stretch your legs afterwards.

Really can't fault the food, location, staff, service or the price.

There are newer reviews for Castellamare Restaurant & Cafe Bar

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Apart from the stunning views this restaurant has little going for it. The waiter we had made it very plain that he wasn't enjoying his work. It took forever to take our order which was followed by the food arriving almost instantaneously - suggesting the food had already been prepared on mass and was just being churned out. Alas, the food was very poor and very small portion. We asked 5 times for the jug of water which eventually came as we reached the end of our meals. Sorry, despite the views, we will not be coming back

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Please note this is the restaurant and not the café area which seemed to be very busy.

We recently ate at Castellmare as a birthday treat for my husband. We were so disappointed with the food. I am on a very strict diet for health reasons and when I requested boiled/jacket potatoes I was looked at as if I had 2 heads and was offered chips! My family had garlic bread which was dry and stale and looked as though it had been reheated. I asked for a plain steak which come out cold and the potatoes were also on the chilly side, so I sent these back. My husband commented that he thought the potatoes were reheated and not particularly fresh. It felt as though the food had been prepared quite a while ago and just reheated when it was ordered and not freshly cooked like it used to be.

What used to be a treat as the restaurant is not that inexpensive was very disappointing and we will not be going there again - not worth the trip for the view! It used to be a lovely restaurant with fresh food and willing staff, the waiter who served us made us feel that he was doing us a favour in getting our food! There are much better restaurants on the way to Castellamare that we passed on the way there.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Extensive Pay and Display Car Parking, overlooking Mumbles Lighthouse and the Bay. I tend to use the restaurant at Lunchtimes, as I find the views so relaxing and the lunchtime menu, good value and good quality. I would advise to prebook and request a seaview, I have found they will do their best to accommodate you. The different bread rolls, they put on the table are the nicest, I have tasted. Obviously the lunch menu is not as extensive as the Dinner menu, but have always enjoyed the food here. Plenty of natural light due to the large windows and great views. There is a cafe attached and outdoor eating tables, which are ideal in the Summer or warmer weather.
Good place to visit, with great walks around the coastal path to enjoy after your meal.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I love eating at castellamare for the beautiful view of Bracelet Bay and the Mumbles lighthouse.The foods not bad either! Today I enjoyed whole lemon sole with butter and capers, served with rocket and parmesan cheese.It was delicious.Then my favourite dessert lemon brulee.All washed down by a light fresh Italian sauvignon blanc.