“Perfect family retreat”
Review of Llethryd Barns

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
Llethryd Barns
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Really echoing what other reviewers have written. This B&B was just perfect for us as a family of 4. The accommodation suited us well with a seperate lounge area to relax in after a days walking, with the four of us then sharing a great sized bedroom, all within a converted barn. Great family space.
The hosts, Julie and Adrian, were very friendly and were happy making recommendations on the area. There was a great selection for breakfast with options for everyone - the full breakfast perfectly cooked. Will certainly return in the future

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara_F23

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had always wanted to visit the Gower peninsula and found Llethryd Barns by reading reviews on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that I did: we thoroughly enjoyed our stay the accommodation, hosts and breakfasts were wonderful and we found Adrian's recommendations (particularly for the walk from Caswell to the Mumbles) excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here.

2  Thank W00dlands
Reviewed September 2, 2013

A very impressive place to stay and Adrian is a very friendly and helpful host. Upon driving in the first impression of the barns set the high standard that applied for the remainder of the stay. We had never stayed in a converted barn before so it was something out of the ordinary and in this case a bit special. Many thanks Adrian, great location, great accomodation and great help and advice. The Llethryd barns are highly recommended.

2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is beautiful! Great setting and lovely hosts. We also were very grateful for the jump start from Adrian! The breakfast was really tasty with lots of options. We were given advice on where to go for dinner and taxis were booked for us. a lovely relaxing stay and I would happily recommend the barns.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank joboed
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am so pleased that we found this wonderful retreat in one of my favourite areas in the world. The accommodation is lovely - immaculate; loads of space and in such beautiful gardens. To have your own living room, shower room and upstairs bedroom was so relaxing, that even a bit of bad weather isn't a problem. Tea and coffee-making facilities and bottled water all add to the comfort.
A major bonus for this property are the owners, Adrian and Julie, who are welcoming, friendly and so helpful. We have now visited twice in a short space of time and have taken friends.
I would choose to stay here rather than a five star hotel any time and my husband and our friends agree. Thank you Adrian and Julie.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are lovely, but the garden rooms with the views of the gardens are beautiful.
1  Thank Alison P
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a lovely place!
Perfectly located between Swansea and all the beaches making discovering South Wales easy!
We had a lovely welcome from Adrian - a quick show round and then left to ourselves.
We had a courtyard suite and it was perfect - really comfy living room with TV and DVD player and a fridge (Perfect as it was really hot!) - Good bathroom/shower room downstairs. Upstairs was a huge comfortable bed. It was spotlessly clean! The only thing I could comment on is that because the weather was so brilliant it did make the barn warm, I would maybe suggest the offer of a fan in the summer.
Breakfast was superb - the breakfast room was really nice and so was the food - I had a full English both days! My girlfriend opted for fresh fruit and yoghurt and cereal... there was so much to choose from!
The other really cool thing was that our suite had a lovely seated area outside and as the weather was so nice we wanted to eat outside one evening, Adrian and Julie were really accommodating lending us plates and cutlery which was brilliant.
Overall I can honestly say Llethryd Barns is an amazing place to stay - I am pretty sure we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for barn 2 if you like outside dining
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chunky2187
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked this for a weekend break with my partner, we were met on our arrival by Adrian who was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were very well presented and the gardens were maintained beautifully. Later on we also met Julie who was also very helpful and friendly.
We had a couple of very minor problems which were rectified and Adrian was more upset than us as he obviously strives for excellent services. The breakfast the next morning was great too, with fresh fruits, juice, cereals and a good cooked full English should you wish to have one.
We ate out at night with the recommendations of Julie and Adrian.
If I had one constructive criticism for them, we stayed on the hottest weekend of the year and the upstairs bedrooms are warm, I would say maybe put a fan in the room.
We had a very pleasant and relaxing stay and I would stay again if in the area. Julie and Adrian go out of their way to help you, upon leaving despite cooking breakfasts for the other guests Julie went out of her way to wave us off.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bigjoey1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swansea
Oxwich Bay Hotel
#1 of 3 in Mumbles
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#2 of 5 in Llangennith

Been to Llethryd Barns? Share your experiences!