2,347 results
All reviews club room leisure facilities upper deck victory pub steam room coffee machine good size leisure club lovely hotel great facilities sunday night weekend break business trip enjoyable stay reception staff one night stay comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2017

Comfy bed, food in the restaurant was good drinks were a little expensive. Weather was really bad otherwise we would have ventured out for food. Music act on the pub was very loud even though we were on the fifth floor. Paid extra for an upgraded room not worth the difference. Dessert was overpriced in the restaurant. Bath had lots of black curly hairs in... not good

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adam_M_Smith, General Manager at Village Hotel Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Many thanks for your review.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of your bathroom. Your comments will be shared with the head housekeeper for her review and action.

Thank you also for sharing your other constructive comments, your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to constantly look for ways to improve our levels of service.

Thank you once again and I do hope that you return to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

I have stayed here a few times, visiting my son at the university. The staff are really lovely, the rooms spacious and comfortable, and the ample free parking is definitely a boon in Swansea! They have some very good special offers, particularly on a Sunday night. I haven't used the spa or the bar but the restaurant staff are very helpful, with the right mixture of friendliness and professionalism. I have tended to come on a special offer, so have eaten from the set menu, which is fine - enormous chocolate mousse!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Adam_M_Smith, General Manager at Village Hotel Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2017

Many thanks for your five star review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay on your return to the hotel and I was glad to hear that they have continually provided great service on each of your visits.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Arrived on the Friday night for a relaxing break with my girlfriend. Was very impressed by the greet and welcome. In the morning , there was a thick cloud of dust top to bottom in the room. The bedding was dusty and had food stains on from previous customers... i went to see Lucas who was on duty on reception who listened to my conceres and gave us a free room upgrade and dinner. He was very professional and is an asset to the hotel and deserves regonition.

I picked the hotel as i thought if i paid extra id get a higher standard of room rather than the travel lodge but how wrong was I. This hotel could do so much better it is a shame when we got into the upgraded room the coffee machine wasnt working.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your review.

I was sorry to read that the hotel did not live up to your expectations, however I was glad to hear that Lucas went out of his way to try and resolve the issues you faced.

Thank you for your comments and I do hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

The hotel is lovely it was a really nice room but it had a few faults. I would stay again as the location is good. The food was excellent value and most of it was help yourself. This was nice as you aren't constantly waiting for things or nagging the staff.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your great review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you found the team to be very proactive.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

good location, easy to find off m4, plenty of parking space, and within a walk from town centre. room comfortable, modern and clean. facilities clean and meals in restaurant and bar were good. staff were friendly and helpful, good service.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your five star review.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team were friendly, helpful and provided great service.