Village Hotel Swansea
Morgans Hotel(Swansea)
$203
$192
Priceline
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$56
$51
Priceline
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$77
$70
  • Bar/Lounge
$71
2,027 results
All reviewsan upper deck roomleisure facilitiesclub roomvictory pubsteam roomsky tvgood sizecoffee machineswimming poolleisure clubstandard roomchanging roomslovely hotelgreat facilitiessunday nightfree parkingbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012

stayed for one night in an upper deck room. very clean free wifi etc , comfortable beds so no complaints at all. brekfast wasnt that good if honest but i would stay again as location and plenty of free parking was very handy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my first holiday to a place in the uk. We stayed here on xmas 2010.So late for the review, but better late than never. Our stay was amazing but at the same time had its setbacks.

Pros:
Room 500 spacious and very clean with amazing views of the harbour/sea, room had a flat screen tv, hairdryer, and lovely bath shower gel. Plus a mirror in the bathroom which does not fog up during hot showers.

Leisure facilities were so nice and as it was xmas it was almost empty so good for us.

Breakfast was brilliant with variety of fruits, cereals, fried eggs, mushrooms, etc.

Starbucks in the hotel that was helpful in winter. Btw thet dont accept starbucks cards.

Lots of parking facilities.

Cons:

Woken up just before 9am by cleaner who let himself in the room without bothering to check who is in the room. It is 9am!!!! What the hell i s the cleaner doing at that time. And when he opens the door, he could see directly into our room with us sleeping. If my employees did that they would be fired straight away. What kind of training are they given??????? I wish i sued the hotel and the cleaner!! Only way they would realise how wrong it is what they did!!!

Secondly dinner at the main restaurant (as the others were closed due to xmas which we werent told) was not nice and not that much taste, again restaurant closed by 9 and we were told it was opened till 10. So when we went there most of the food had been taken away and we were the only ones there.

There was one very nice lady at the reception who helped us alot with our problems, i wish i could remember her name at this moment, but the rest of the staff were pathetic! Some of the staff there were so ignorant or just didnt care, i didnt know thats what they are employed for, to run down the hotel and make guests unhappy!!!

No hot water in our room during the first night, explanation from them not many guests staying so our pipes would not be fully optimised??? Even if one guest is staying in the hotel you provide hot water, which is a basic necessity in a hotel you would think?

Wrong timing given us about the closing times of the leisure facilities. We drove 5 hours only to be told leisure facilities are closing in half an hour when we arrived there. That was wrong information we were given as we had called to specifically ask about the closing times.

But after our stay i contacted the manager, he was understanding and offered compensation.
ONE THING TO ALL GUESTS WHEREVER YOU GO, whatever compensation or solutions are offered to you, PLEASE HAVE IT IN WRITING!!! As when i contacted later on about the compensation, the manager slightly chanaged his mind, but i was one step ahead, i had it in writting and told him about that. At that point he probably knew that there are smarter people than him!

The reason i have given this hotel 4 stars is the fact i mentioned everything in the pros. I felt like giving it negative after reading all the cons. I wish staff and management are changed and actually care for the guests as if real guests are staying at their house.

The entrance to the hotel while driving was a little confusing but got there!

Would i go back there again to stay?? Yes. Because i liked the view, the room, the leisure facilities, the awesome breakfast! And it was good price we had got for the hotel. But if they still have the same ignorant unhelpful staff, then i will try a new hotel.

We had a car and drove to gower, it is a MUST SEE IF YOU ARE IN SWANSEA...

Did not go to swansea city but its a 25min walk into heart of city.

Btw a nice thai restaurant in swansea was called bay view. Really loved the food.

Room Tip: Romm 500 was lovely. Any room on floor 4 or 5 FACING THE HARBOUR/SEA....
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't complain too much about this hotel as I was staying on a ridiculously low rate as I am a member of the health club at another Village Hotel and got a promo rate.

However, the bass from the music in the pub or from a function on the ground floor, could be heard in my 2nd floor room. Maybe my low rate was the reason I got a room on this floor, but if you have the chance, request a high floor.

Breakfast was very good and the service was attentive from all the members of staff I encountered.

Would stay again, but only on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Request a high floor!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Being quite new, this hotel still feels clean & tidy. Decent room and good sized bed albeit with dim lighting. The leisure club is quite good though the jacuzzi makes your eyes sting. The bar & restaurant always seem to be very busy so must be popular with the locals. Disappointingly they had run out of Marston's Pedigree so we went out & had dinner at the Thai Elephant which was very pleasant & only a short walk away. Breakfast was the usual buffet job which was fine, apart from the bland American-style coffee, though there seemed only to be 2 staff on, who were doing their best in difficult circumstances. There's a Starbucks though I won't use them since they don't like to pay UK taxes. We had a very cheap Sunday night deal being leisure club members elsewhere in the group.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This visit of 2 nights was organised by a colleague as it was close to Kings Dock where we were on business... And convenient for business location was just about the only thing going for this hotel. Check-in took about 10 mins per person. Room was ok, but the soap dispensers were empty and the shower temperature was intermittent. Cleanliness of the room and hotel generally was satisfactory.
My colleagues and I decided to meet for pre-dinner drinks. 2 of the hotel staff were staffing the bar.... what a shambles. One girl didn't have a clue, but she was the best of the two. The young man "serving" was slow, shuffling, rude and tardy: if I didn't know better I would have said he was stoned!! I left the bar before getting the £25 round of drinks they could have had.
Dinner was adequate, although the service was slow even though the restaurant was at about 10% capacity.
Breakfast was ok, although I wasn't tempted by the servery offerings which looked like it had been around for a few hours.
Dinner the next night was taken in the bar (I'm clearly a glutton for punishment!). My meal (fish and chips) was overcooked and the watery fish was tasteless. A colleague had ordered a "meat ploughman's". It consisted of a copious salad of one Gem lettuce leaf, "plastic" ham, coleslaw (dessertspoon), stale bread and a 1/4 of a buffet pork pie. I requested that the bread was replaced.... it was, by an even staler piece!! There wasn't even butter to make it less stale.
Check out the next day was another 15 minute affair!
I complained to the reception (about the bar service) and to the waitress (about the second evening's bar meal): both complaints were received with an air of indifferent disdain. Appalling customer service and I will not be returning and I will ensure that none of my colleagues do either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business