Village Hotel Swansea
Morgans Hotel(Swansea)
$203
$192
Priceline
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$56
$51
Priceline
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$77
$70
  • Bar/Lounge
$71
2,027 results
All reviewsan upper deck roomleisure facilitiesclub roomvictory pubsteam roomsky tvgood sizecoffee machineswimming poolleisure clubstandard roomchanging roomslovely hotelgreat facilitiessunday nightfree parkingbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Village on business for a few nights. It did what I needed, but not much more.

On the plus side, the room, although not huge, was still a reasonable size, and pretty modern. I liked the style of the furnishings, plus the efficient air con - which, unusually for Swansea, I needed to use !

The staff, while mostly young, were mostly friendly (especially on reception), and genuinely eager to help. A couple of minor problems which I had were quickly put right.

The location is not exactly central Swansea, but it's not that long a walk to some of the main eating/dining areas, once you know the route - say 15 minutes to Wind Street.

So far, so OK. However, other aspects of the hotel did not exactly thrill me.

For one thing, the soundproofing between rooms seems poor. I could track the person above me from bed to bathroom and back, which I would rather not have done. I also found that the room I had, facing away from the harbour, did pick up a small amount of noise from the busy main road near the back of the hotel.

The other main thing which I found offputting was the layout and facilities on the ground floor. With a coffee shop on one side, a pub on the other (which had a quiz on the one night I ventured it), and a rather dark and gloomy carpet in the middle which showed up every single dropped crisp (of which there were plenty), it felt less like a hotel, and more like a motorway service station or an airport terminal. I just didn't like the feeling of the place, even in the short time waiting for checkin.

I have stayed at other De Vere hotels, and liked them, but this one was a disappointment. It just didn't seem like the kind of place where I could chill out and relax at the end of the day. There was nothing really bad about it that I saw, and I would stay again - but it wouldn't be my first choice for a business hotel in Swansea.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had to stay in Swansea for business and will definitely stay here again.
I have booked an Upper deck room, with sky channels facing to the sea!!! The rooms are nice and clean and the leisure facilities are just stunning. You can either chose to eat in the restaurant or in the hotel PUB. The pub prices are very moderate you won’t be ripped of even if you decide to eat in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose the upper deck room for free sky channels and Starbucks tray!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Returned for a fourth year stay at the Village for Regenerations. While the hotel is absolutely the right type for the convention their is a general air of tiredness about the décor which I remembered from last year and which doesn't seem to have been addressed. The revamp of the Victory pub area certainly wasn't immediately obvious.

Good points were polite and helpful staff, pretty good Leisure facilities, although I only used the pool and reasonable breakfast (so long as you get down early enough) Didn't try either Verve grill or Victory Pub for food this year as it seemed pretty expensive and Starbucks, while handy, is a bit on the extortionate side ( and I also agree with a previous reviewer about the lolly sticks)

Minor gripes include the temperature in the hotel rooms which is still too warm for me. Slight mould on tiles and some rust on bathroom fittings as well as both shower gel and hand wash dispensers not working properly. Curtains and carpets also had some small food stains on them. Rooms while clean could do with regular deep cleaning regime, I think. No problems with noise,even though I was on the third floor and facing the convention hall.

Summing it up, not a bad hotel still, but not really worth the price of the rooms. The nearby Premier is cheaper and just as good,according to people I spoke to who stayed there.

Room Tip: Get down early for breakfast for fresher food and to avoid crowds
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a convention being held there. The staff were friendly, helpful and patient. I had no problems with check in or out, and they took good care of my luggage for me. There is a Starbucks just off the lobby, which is very handy, in that you can be guaranteed a good cup of coffee, something you can't be sure of even in the best hotels.
The room was clean and practical, if basic, and I had everything I needed, including an iron and ironing board, and a really decent hairdryer, as opposed to some hotel dryers that have little more effect than heavy breathing!! I had an evening meal there, and the Gower mussels were superb, plump, fresh and tasting of the sea. The Swansea waterfront is still being developed, but there are already some interesting places to eat, and wander around. I was very happy with my stay. It might not be my pick if I were looking for a quiet romantic hideaway, but for this weekend it suited me perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have just spent a nights stay at this hotel unaware that there was a Dr Who convention on the same weekend. Needless to say it was 'very busy'...Arrived as a family at about 6.30pm on a Friday evening to be greeted outside the main entrance by a crowd of people in a 'partymood' shouting, laughing, drinking and swearing..!!! Not very family friendly and very intimidating as you had to walk through them to get in. The bar and restuarant area are very close to the reception desk with crowds of people overspilling into this area making it difficult to hear the receptionist. Only one lift seemed to exist and after waiting five minutes we decided to take the stairs to the fifth floor where we were allocated a room above the main entrance overlooking the sea in the distance with waste ground immediately opposite the hotel.
Room was ok and relatively clean but spoilt by the black mould on the bathroom tiles. Had a disturbed nights sleep with people immediately below the room drinking and swearing until the early hours of the morning. Only the sound of the air conditioning drowned out the noise which wasn't ideal either but with young children present it was better than hearing the 'language' below. Thank god we weren't on a lower floor otherwise they might as well had been in the bedroom with us. There were American tourists staying in the hotel as well that night - what an embarrassment for tourism..!!!! I was ashamed to be British..!!! If anyone from the hotel management reads this review please address this problem as it spoilt our stay and i'm sorry to say we won't be returning. Bear this in mind if you are planning to stay on one of the hotel's many 'party nights' planned for the coming months.

Room Tip: If you don't mind some traffic noise request a room at the rear of the hotel away from the carpark and main entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family