“a wonderful staty”

The Mirador Boutique Town House
Ranked #3 of 40 Swansea B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Thank you for a lovely stay at a great B&B. As a travellor for work, having to stay away from home is not something I look forward too, however I had a nice 'break' at the Mirador Town house and have no hesitation recommending this to anyone visisting Swansea for what ever reason. The bedrooms are themed and I stayed in the Roman room, it had everything i needed and was comfortable, the decor was gret and I appreciated the personal touch. The tea tray in the room was well stocked, and the room itself was really comfortable. The hosts Jeanette and Philip could not have made me more welcome and when away from home that was really nice. I particularly liked the toffees at the door!!.
There was a good selection of DVD's for passing the evening away and breakfast was yummy,
thanks and see you in March x

1  Thank dikenfreddy

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business and would definetely recommend. Hosts are really lovely and helpful and made you feel at home. My room was huge and full of nice little touches like tooth paste, deodrant etc. Breakfast was lovely (great eggs!) and you could choose from a large selection. There is also plenty bars, shops and restuarants within walking distance also for an evening meal. Made a nice change to the normal chain hotels I would stay in when away for work.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the mirador in the uplands, swansea whilst on a work trip in January/February 2013 (4 weeks in total). Phil and Jeanette made it a home from home experience and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast choice is superb and you can have pretty much anything you could wish for in as much quantity as you like. I stayed in a several different rooms in my 4 weeks as I was returning home at weekends. My first room was the egyption room on the top floor which was more like a full suite, with huge bathropom, king size bed and large living space. I loved this room and the large sofa and tv gives you plenty of space to have a living space separate from the bed. All beds have electric blankets which are a lovely touch as it made the beds super cosy and I slept very well, and will probably be buying my own electric blanket as I loved them so much. I also stayed in the african room, Mediterranean room and the oriental suite. All 4 rooms were faultless, but if you like extra space the oriental and egyptian are definatley the rooms to book. Every room has their own unique touches and nothing has been forgotten. The breakfast room also houses an extensive dvd library which you can borrow at will, with lots of very up to date and modern films, giving you a great selection of genres to pass the time if you are staying in for the evening. When I return with either work or for a holiday I look forward to returning to the Mirador and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in swansea for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here over the last few weeks when in south Wales on business. I have to say this is the best small hotel in the uk that I've stayed in. The owners are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble. Breakfast is great and there is a DVD library with up to date films from all genres. Location is ideal in uplands area of Swansea , a nice residential area but with lots of pubs , restaurants and amenities nearby. Finally the themed rooms are very nice and compared to your standard hotel fare they are very comfortable with lots of nice personal touches. A definite 5 star experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, in summer go for the French room as it has an outdoor elevated decking...
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and i enjoyed a two night stay in the french room,rooms were very clean,breakfast was great- you can order as much as you like!!also in a fab location right by the buzzing uplands.phil and jeanette are excellent hosts,there is a great selection of dvds to watch if the weather is not too clever.mitzi the dog is soo cute!we are looking forward to returning to the mirador in less than a months time with my parents in tow.would definetly recommend this unique b and b.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just returned from our second visit and cannot recommend it highly enough, you are made to feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble. We were in the French room which has outside space and would be fantastic in the warmer months. The room was very warm and cosy the shower was fantastic. Can't wait to go again, want to try all the rooms. Have to mention Mitzi, she is the most beautiful, loving dog and we all love her.

Room Tip: Will tell you when I have tried them all
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My Wife and I have been blown away by the Mirador Town House, firstly by our welcome from Leanette and Phil, who are the warmest hosts we've had the pleasure meet. Nothing is too much trouble, their knowledge of the local area is excellent. Secondly, our room was amazing, we stayed in the French room, which is very well decorated. The bed is very comfortable and was the main the reason for our late arrival for the breakfast, the other reason being the shower!! The room was comfortably sized without being cramped and very well equipted with a TV/DVD, CD/Radio, iron, hairdryer, extra heaters, bed clothes and electric blanket - which the missus wanted on! Even though the room was planty warm enough!! There is also a balcony with patio set, which I'm sure will be great on the warmer weather, however we were unforunate enough to arrive with temperature at around freezing and dropping. If you find yourself stuck for an hour or so, Phill has huge DVD collection which is free to use. Breakfast was one the best we've had in a long time, made to order ready for when you arrive for breakfast, with a huge selection to chose from I'm sure every taste with be accounted for. Lastly, the location just on the outskirts of Swansea and right in the middle of the vibrant Uplands area is just about perfect. There is large selection of restraunts and bars all within 5 minutes walk, including Lebaniese, Italian, Japanesse, Spanish & Vietnamese. The lovely Gower is just 20 minutes drive. We will definately be back and be spending more than just 1 night at the Mirador.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple