“Lush!”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lush!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed in room 401 - The Penthouse Suite as part of an offer on Facebook for £100 including breakfast. The bed was huge and had a lovely hot tub on the balcony. Took about 2 hours to heat up to 40 degrees, very hot!

Bathroom was great, jacuzzi bath - unfortunately the lights didn't work on it though :(

Like I have said, the bed was huge and the free robes and slippers were a nice surprise.

Considering it's near a main road in the town centre it was very quiet.

Breakfast in the morning was small despite choosing the GRAND breakfast.

Would give this full stars if the light in bath worked and the light above the mirror in bathroom.

Room Tip: I think the Executive room balcony is more private than penthouse room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Grand Hotel last week in one of your executive rooms 402. The room was spacious, comfy bed and had everything you needed. The best part of the room was the bathroom which was lovely and had a nice jacuzzi bath which was a nice touch! The hotel is situated in the City centre near to the shopping centre, bars and restaurants but not too close that you can hear noise in the night. The hotel is right opposite the train station which was great for us having come for Bristol we just had to cross the road to get to the hotel, very convenient as all local amenities are in walking distance! We ate in the bar and had drinks one evening, I had the grand burger and my partner had the steak, both meals were delicious and we would definitely recommend spending the evening there! As for the staff, they were all wonderful! From the warm greeting we had at reception to the attentive bar staff to the friendly housekeepers we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! We will defiantly be back again!

Stayed February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having chosen the Swansea Grand Hotel on reviews from here and photos of the website we were impressed.
Initially though, we didn't know how to get into the hotel as it wasn't very clear.

We stayed in the Penthouse Suite with the hot tub. In comparison to other hotels charging similar, the room size wasn't that much different. I really didn't feel we go value for money out of this. The bed was huge however and very comfortable.

The bathroom however was amazing. A lovely jacuzzi bath and it was immaculate. The toilet was a little too low for me.
As for the balcony and hot tub. It was fab. We were lucky with the weather. When it rained, you wouldn't have been able to use it. On arrival my partner turned it on and waited for it to warm up whilst we too a stroll around Swansea. It wasn't overly warm when we got back but we still managed to stay in it for awhile.
We left it running overnight and by the morning it was beautiful. A lovely temperature, Shame that we didn't have longer to enjoy it. Also please don't expect any view except the train station from your balcony.
Breakfast was ok. The waitress kept forgetting our coffee. They had also run out of vegetarian sausages. The Grand cooked breakfast was enjoyed by my partner. The buffet breakfast had good variety.
I was slightly disappointed though on paying so much for a room that we couldn't have breakfast delivered to our room.

All in all the advantage this hotel holds over every other hotel is the hot tub on the balcony. The queen size bed was very comfortable. And the bathroom was amazing. Would I stay again... Maybe.

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great hotel, we (young couple) stayed here in February for a birthday celebration, and were very happy with a small, reasonably priced, luxury hotel.

Very close proximity to a few different taxis. NCP parking which is next to hotel was at a very reasonable price (£6/24hrs)

Many thanks to Radek (nightporter) who had a lovely smile and showed us where are all the clubs and pubs.

Great little find and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed with my husband 31st January 14 as we were invited out to Swansea and as the price was so reasonable we decided to make a night of it in the Grand Hotel. The Hotel is Central for everything shopping, bars and restaurants. As I have not stayed here previously I didn't know what to expect, needless to say we didn't need to leave the hotel for either a bar or restaurant. The sports bar was full of lovely people and a fabulous atmosphere. My first impressions were spot on when I met the receptionist Nicola who had a lovely smile and welcome for us both, she told us where to park the car overnight literally next to the Hotel and all it cost was £6 for 24 hours I have paid double and more than this for shorter stays in other hotels. She asked if we needed any help to the rooms as I don't travel light lol. After receiving the key for the room (this is the time I get nervous as I am the fussiest person you could ever meet) Changed rooms and 2 hotels all in one night in the past, but no need in The Grand Swansea. The halls and room smelt really fresh, absolutely spotless and lovely and warm, the bed was really comfortable and the room even had a balcony, as the Hotel is not next to any loud nightclubs etc.it was really quiet (even out on the balcony) the night we stayed. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath and lovely toiletries, even a toothbrush and paste shaver and shaving cream for overnight if you have left your own at home. I've never seen that in any hotel previously and I am well traveled. The shower was one with those very large heads (rain shower, I think their called) I was well impressed. I had a lovely bottle of Siglo (which they sell in the Hotel) to start the evening as I got ready and reluctantly shared this with my husband. When we were ready to leave for the party we had been invited to, the receptionist Nicola had noticed the shoes I was wearing and ordered me a cab (even though I was only going down the road), this was much appreciated and the cab cost me all of £2. The General Manager was amazing (Michelle) shown us around the new bar before we left and told us of the plans for sports days (Internationals in particular are very popular) especially as the Hotel is straight off Swansea train station, she told us we could book a table or booth and have our very own TV if we booked a booth with some friends, needless to say we booked it there and then for the Scotland vs Wales match and were about to book the room to stay overnight again. The bar staff were friendly and the bar modern and clean, but best of all a fabulous atmosphere. We had a beautiful breakfast the following morning and then took another stroll to the bar to relax before we left. They also had a lovely cafe/Bistro which sold baguettes etc with plenty of choice of delicious cakes in the main entrance. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in Swansea. The staff are a credit to the Hotel especially Nicola on reception (first impressions count and we can't wait for our next stay).

Room Tip: My room had a balcony and I loved it. This room faced the train station entrance which was quiet, b...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We did stay on a Saturday night so I'm sure it's not always as bad, but we didn't sleep a wink due to noise from neighbouring rooms, doors slamming then when all that eased off (4am) the noise from outside was deafening! Could definitely do with triple glazing.

Having said that the room was comfortable and clean (apart from the windows).

The staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and are a credit to the place. The coffee shop and bar are really nice too.

Does need a bit of tlc but you get what you pay for.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

If it is luxury you are after, I am sure that there are other places, but if you base your stay on excellent, friendly staff and a conveniently located hotel, then you can't go wrong with The Grand. From Jackson the night porter to Michelle the GM, everyone we met was friendly and so accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Food was plentiful and tasty. Rooms were a little small and corridors dark, but that was only a small thing. Located right opposite the train station with a regular bus service to the Liberty Stadium and a short walk from Wine Street where all the main clubs and bars are

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business