The Grand Hotel Swansea
  • Pool
The Alexander(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$60
$50
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$49
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Morgans Hotel(Swansea)
$113
Travelodge Swansea M4(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelodge
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
$73
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationthe penthousehot tub on the balconytravelling by trainchristmas partyexecutive roomlava breadcentral locationhotel barcar parkcockleswould stay againshort staybars and restaurantsgatsbyreceptionistrebecca
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went to this hotel to celebrate my partner's birthday in a weekend away. Since I let them know about this in advance, I found a bottle of wine in our room which was a nice treat. One of the receptionists, Nicola, was very nice and friendly and helped us find the best places to visit in Swansea. This hotel is located in front of the train station so it was perfect for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had intended staying for two nights but extended our stay to three nights as the hotel was in a good location from which to see the city. Rooms were clean and comfortable and serviced daily. Staff were very helpful and friendly. In the dining room the apple-pie was AMAZING!!! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited Swansea for just one night and was looking for a central located hotel for the evning. Staff were very friendly and as I didn't book in advance I booked whilst in the hotel.

Whilst there are mentions of refurb' work in other reviews this didn't disturb me and from what I could see they are not major projects so none of what is mentioned by others in reviews was happening when I got there.

Parking was very convenient at the NCP car park only a few seconds away and is £6 overnight which seems average cost.

Overall stay was good no problems with noise even though I was overlooking the street. Staff were polite friendly and very accomodating even when I gave some feedback on the restaurant and breakfast. I really felt that the management were listening. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Picked the Grand Hotel in Swansea for one night for my daughters Graduation Ceremony and wanted to enjoy a few drinks in the evening. Hotel is undergoing refurbishment and it showed. Door trims left hanging, wires being run down corridors, dirty carpets and general mess you expect when building work is ongoing. We had two rooms that looked out onto a busy main road and even though the room was double glazed, it was like there was no window there! Extremely noisy and very difficult to sleep. Room was ok overall but basic - in the corner there was some signs of damp so not sure if the rooms we had were due for renovation. All in all, for the price we paid it was ok but no more than that. Staff very friendly and location was good. Parking easy as there is a pay and display car park right next to the hotel and cost £6 for 24hrs. Perhaps once the renovations are complete it will be better but had we known the extent of the renovations and impact on the hotel, we would have booked elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking car park as it will be much quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kazinti
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had my wedding reception and night stay in penthouse here this may
the exterior of this building is breath taking and it continues through out the building lovely clean room with lovely veiws of swansea and the hot tub is and excellent selling point of this room

staff at the hotel were really helpful with planning and organising of venue i can honestly say that they would go to the edge of the earth and back for you the customer to be happy nothing they wouldn't do for you
the breakfast is out of this world with fresh ingredients and fresh coffee
I have recently stayed in same room again and the hotel is better than my first stay with a new layout of the reception and extension on the bar and a cafe/ cake shop in reception which sells lovely fresh cakes.
I highly recommend this hotel if you want a quality high class hotel in swansea .

• Stayed: August 2013