Ibis Swansea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
Travelocity
Morgans Hotel(Swansea)
$203
$192
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$56
$51
Priceline
Premier Inn Swansea Waterfront Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
$77
$70
  • Bar/Lounge
$71
  • Restaurant
All reviewspark and ridecar park sidewet roomcity centremain roadfree parkingwhat it says on the tinroad noisebuffet breakfastbudget hotelssaturday nightplenty of parkingcomfortable bedbeansone night stayan overnight staytea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was almost a very different review. Arrived and found the place easily and was grateful that check in starts earlier than many hotels.
The room appeared ok apart from a loose tile just in front of the toilet and I had a decent restful night.
Breakfast was ok, fairly typical of the buffet type but would not win any awards for quality. Then again there was plenty on offer and unless you were extremely picky would comfortably fill you up for the day ahead.
The unpleasant shock was still waiting however. Just as I was preparing to leave I went to straighten the duvet and there it was. At the edge of one side of the sheet was a horrible and large reddish brown stain. I'm not one of those people who strip the bed for a close examination when I arrive at a hotel but this has made me think a bit. If I was lucky it was caused by dried barbecue sauce! It was covered by the duvet and not visible when I arrived but as the duvet and sheet came loose during the night it had come into view on the side of the bed.
What I seriously can't understand was that anyone making the bed must have been able to see the stain as it covered a space about the size of my lower arm but must have made the decision that it didn't matter as it would be tucked away out of view.
As I said until that point I'd been reasonably happy but would not use this hotel again now unless desperate and would certainly carefully check my room on arrival before settling in.

• Stayed: June 2012
IbisSwansea, General Manager at Ibis Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear 53Mark

Thanks for you feedback. I am sorry to learn about the incident with stain on bedsheet. All our linen from our suppliers is inspected. Any such sheets with marks or stains would be rejected straight away. In future if you are desperate and do decide to use the hotel, please notify our front office team if you encounter any such issues so we can investigate the matter thoroughly without any delay. This matter has been addressed to respective department head.

Once again, apologies for the inconvinience caused during your stay

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Here for one night -wouldn't have wanted to stop any longer. No mattress protectors on the beds, thin sheets with holes in the quilt cover.Themattress was rather thin, too. There was an awful screeching noise from the downpipe or metal roof whenever the window was opened. The floor was uneven by window as there had been a leak or rain ingress at some time. We were so disappinted at our stay here. The booking was a problem, too and we have an awful feeling that our credit card might be double charged! (Just got to wait & see when the bill turns up)Ample free parking though & in a good position for the town - 15 minute walk away.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Marnie

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and appropriate measure have been taken.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you a genuine hassle free stay

Reviewed June 9, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IbisSwansea, General Manager at Ibis Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

A very good budget hotel - very friendly staff, clean, quiet and fairly comfortable. Efficient check-in, good food and bar, plenty of on-site parking. Very much recommended!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for the compliments. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you in near future

Aasif iqbal

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I found this one with web search for hotel near our new bussiness partner. I will travel a lot to the area in next few months, but I had no time to spent for deep search. It seems my choice was correct and I will come to this hotel next time. It's not the cheapest, but I could survive. And the staff is really nice.

Room Tip: I will not recomend for longer stay, but for overnight business trip is excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mare69
IbisSwansea, General Manager at Ibis Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Mare69

Thanks for your kind comments and compliments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

It will pleasure to meet you on your next stay at Ibis Swansea. Do not hesitate to ask for me when you arrive at the hotel.