“Great choice”
other travelers have booked this property
THE LODGE...a fully insulated three bed timber lodge with large panoramic windows.
THE LODGE VIEW QUALITY OPEN PLAN LIVING
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
THE LODGE VIEW
QUALITY OPEN PLAN LIVING
SECLUDED GARDEN AREA WITH PRIVATE PARKING SPACE.
MASTER EN-SUITE BEDROOM, one twin and one bunk room.
MILES OF OPEN COUNTRYSIDE
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pedro S
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Very nice summer break”
Reviewed December 29, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First of all Robert and his wife are very nice hosts, the facilities need a bit of TLC, but overall the accommodation is ok and the views very nice, it's easy to get Swansea and Cardiff, and it was very good for a Summer break, and again the hosts are very friendly.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for your review..and spot on! The TLC has finally happened! It has been such a busy time but the decision was taken to close for 3 weeks in order to get the Lodge up to scratch. New carpets blinds shower cubicles and an extended kitchen with new worktops and cupboards.
It’s very difficult when you know there are areas needing attention yet have bookings preventing you getting them done. Cancelling would disappoint guests so we needed to find a “window” to get the work done.
Thanks to you and other guests who’s feedback is so important.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Such a shame, as the Lodge is great!”
Reviewed October 26, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The lodge is spacious, very well equipped for 6 people and has wonderful views across the valley. Sadly, the faults raised in reviews by previous guests had not been addressed, which let it down. We too did not enjoy the mould in the showers, the missing basin plugs, the shower door which doesn't fully close and the slippery paving slabs on the path to the front door. The heater on the wall in the twin room, right against the bed, sparked when turned on. The windows also needed a good clean. Communication with the owner was very good, although he was away on holiday.

Your age range 50-64
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for your time and review. You will appreciate that some issues are difficult to remedy until summer bookings end. We have a programme of works which is due to commence. We have had the fire inspected as this is a serious issue but no fault was found. I’m afraid rain does have an effect under foot and non slip carpet has been extensively used but it cannot be put on paving slabs. The shower door had been dislodged from its runner possibly before your visit and if this is the case our manager should have rectified this and we apologise for the inconvenience. Thank you for appreciating The Lodge and we will ensue all aspects are attended to along with a new remodelled and extended kitchen area. Thanks again , feedback is important to us
pendelton...
Reading
“Expensive and grubby”
Reviewed October 11, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

I did not book this property, I was a guest of someone who had. If I had booked this property I would have complained. It is too expensive for what you get.

The positives: The bed was comfy and nice setting.
The negatives: I can confirm what was stated in another review. There is mould in the showers, broken tiles and dangerous electrics. The outside is over grown and unkempt. I do have photos to back this up but TripAdvisor do not allow me to upload these unfortunately. The photos you see where obviously taken a long time ago.

We had a long journey getting to this property and there was not even a teabag to make a cup of tea. I have stayed in many places and there is usually, tea, sugar and milk as basics.

The owner needs to reduce the price to reflect what you get or the property needs to up updated.

I have written to TripAdvisor as this property makes a mockery of the review system. I always check on TripAdvisor before I book somewhere. How can I trust it now?

Nov 7, 2017
The Lodge is awaiting a remodelled kitchen refit and new shower cubicles along with replacement blinds and carpets in November . The popularity of the Lodge can cause a problem when trying to address issues. Certainly not grubby but mould under silicone is unsightly and we apologise for the disappointment. We do feel The Lodge represents great value and this is apparent in our many reviews however, it would be nice if agency booking fees and VAT didn’t increase our charges by over 30%...we would rather see our guests benefit!
UkCharley
UK
“Great choice”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The location is great and is easy to find from the M4. It is close to Swansea but feels like you are in the middle of the countryside. It is close to the Mumbles so a beach trip is easy. It is also close enough to the Brecon Beacons to visit for the day. There is also a great 'walk' just down the hill which we did late afternoon on arrival.

The lodge is very spacious. I read an earlier review that comments on the grubby shower. It was not grubby - there is black around the edges but that is where the sealant has allowed moisture in and needs replacing and this can happen in any home. The views are stunning and I feel the outside area is safe as there is a simple wire fence and plant pots between you and the 'drop'.

The kitchen has all the equipment you'd need but it would benefit from some real basics such as salt and pepper - a small thing but I am used to them being available. The beds were comfortable and the linens were spotless.

The owner's son met us and he was helpful and friendly. There were also baked welsh cakes and fresh flowers to welcome us which was a lovely touch.

We really enjoyed our stay and I confidently recommend it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks so much for putting our 5 star reviews back on track! There are always issues and we do listen and are always genuinely grateful for genuine comments. We hope to see you all again
A TripAdvisor Member
“Its expensive listed incorrectly and grubby !”
Reviewed August 22, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Having seen this property on line were really looking forward to staying in a new wooden log cabin; how wrong could we have been.It did not live up to the image seen on line.The sitting room was large and spacious but it would have been lovely to be able to see out of the French glass doors,which were dirty. Small bedroom had a wire next to the bed not even sunk into a casing simply hanging next to the bed and at the other side a heater which was almost in bed with you!! Cosy ? I fear not !The shower areas were grubby with black mould being par for the course, as were broken floor tiles. Kitchen and living area were damp and need TLC.Replacement units being fitted as we speak so the owners revealed to me ,also carpets ! The view is lovely such a shame that its a hazard for young and old as the sheer drop from the landing with inadequate safety railings prevented enjoyment of the scenery in full.Would I return?Would I recommend this lodge ? Not at the moment however if the owners stand by their claim to me that they are putting comfort rather profit first yes I might.Its sad really as it could be so lovely.

Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to review. It will be read in conjunction with all the others by prospective visitors who can decide on the issues raised. Sorry tripadvisor did not refund following their investigation.
Reviewed May 17, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

May 21, 2017
Thanks guys. So glad you enjoyed and hope to see you again another time.
Reviewed May 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

May 5, 2017
Glad you all enjoyed. Pleasure to welcome you all and hope to see you again...maybe a visit to River View next time? Winter indoor activity weekends are great fun!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing