“Excellent in all aspects”
Review of Munch of Mumbles

Munch of Mumbles
Ranked #16 of 717 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small Multi Award winning BYO restaurant in Mumbles using local seasonal produce from local suppliers and producers.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the relaxed welcome to the stunning quality of the food and very reasonably priced wine list (you can bring your own wine for a £1 corkage). This is a great place to eat in Mumbles. Definitely go for a pudding also!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Great that this place is a "bring your own", food choices were good, food was well presented. Some interesting food combinations but tasted good. A 3 course meal for £27. The space felt a little small and cramped. The toilets not what you would expect; let the place down as it felt as if you were almost in the kitchen or an alleyway.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

On a two week break we ate in our first week here, came back today and then booked for tomorrow night. The food is just perfect. There is a fixed price menu at lunch as well as in the evening with enough options to give a good choice, but small enough for the cook to concentrate on delivering well. And he does just that. The food is very well cooked with ingredients that match each dish so that they complement each other perfectly and you can taste all the ingredients. And everything in each dish is there for a reason. I had roast chicken today with a white chorizo sausage and the two were balanced very well. Often chorizo can be overpowering but this was spot on. And with three courses and delicious complementary restaurant-baked bread, I felt the portions were fine as well, unlike other reviewers. And the food is also very well presented without being pretentiously 'arty'. We eat out a lot and at a number of Michelin starred restaurants and Munch of Mumbles is a gem of a restaurant in my opinion and heartedly recommended.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Amazing food staff lovely lovely lovely!!!!
One of the best meals I've had in a longtime!!!
A must if you can get in make sure to book !!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Our second visit to Munch we experienced the quality food and service as good as the first time, however I couldn't give an 'excellent' review as I just felt that the portions were a little on the small side which I feel could be addressed by accompanying the main meals with some potatoes rather than a terrine of vegetables to share. In addition I felt the choice slightly limited...maybe one more dish added to the choice? The food we did have however was beautifully presented obviously by someone who has a passion for serving great food. Only a small criticism (I hope it will be taken constructively) it wouldn't put me off what is a lovely restaurant.

JMLG_12, Owner at Munch of Mumbles, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am little confused when you mention that the dishes could have a potato element, as all our dishes have a carbohydrate element added, last month we had gnocchi, couscous, crushed Gower potatoes, creamed potato and triple cooked chips accompanying each dish. This month we have couscous with the fritters, pomme puree, triple cooked chips and pepronata mash.

We have recently introduced specials, as and when available to add to the menu.

As I always say, please talk to us at the time. We always check that all is as you wish when you first have your meals, if you feel something is missing let us know. We would rather you have an excellent experience than a mediocre one that results in constructive feedback via the internet.