“Not bad”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Visited here on a tuesday night and I was the only one in the restaurant!!!! Service was the best....I had them all to myself. The food was fantastic...... I had a lamb curry and it was delicious. I took advantage of their starter,main and side for around £8...absolute bargain and great food.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The owner used to work in Maharani tandoori and now he's stepped out on his own. The team are friendly and genuinely care what you think and can't do enough for you.

The portion sizes are great, can never finish and take some home for lunch the next day. Flavourful and delicious. Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Well, to summarise I have just paid for my food bill and have not been able to eat anything
The drink came, service was ok
Then the starters, with first bite the food was stinking , stale , undercooked
Though one of the other review says not to order chicken tikka , I still ordered it ( see previous review -same experience )
The smell was making us nauseous , I could not stay there
So we spoke to the manager , who did not agree that the food had smell
Fair enough ,we paid for the food and left , what a disappointment
Would never visit again
Overall poor experience

1  Thank goodyfoody2012
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Read about this place on trip advisor as needed a good cheap indian in swansea. We were not disappointed. Its in a quiet street towards the mumbles end. They had an opening special offer on, , starter, main, rice or naan for £9. What's the catch, well there wasnt one. The food was really good. Lovely flavours but not very hot. Good size portions and well presented. Drinks are a reasonable price.
The place has been redecorated and the old furniture repainted and new seat covers. The sad thing was on a fri night there was only one other couple in there. The waiters are a bit shy too. So give them a break and turn up.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so this place has good reviews and thought I would give it a visit with my friends. All I have to say is wow.. really? I've seen places that have much lower ratings but with customer service which is 10x better. To be honest I was appalled at how the evening turned out to be. 99% of the time was wasted on just simply waiting for the food and waiting to be attended. The 1% of the time spent went very quickly as not everyone finished their food not even myself.
It was horrible. The chicken tikka was not freshly made, it was watery. I honestly feel sick just thinking about it. We finished eating in about 30 minutes and the total time spent there was 3.5 hours almost. The restaurant was empty so I don't see why we had to wait so long but still I thought let's give this place a chance. To make it up to me and my friends, a waiter did apologise for the delays etc but it still doesn't take away the fact most of our night was wasted. The only good thing about this place is the cost of the dishes. It's affordable but the quality of the dishes are nowhere near as good as other Indian dishes I have tasted. I guess that's what is expected since it is cheap. Just to clarify I won't be eating here again and this place really doesn't deserve the rating it currently hold. That is all in my opinion!!

1  Thank HannahMaybe