“Next time I'll sleep in the car!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mansel Guestaccom

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
Mansel Guestaccom
Ranked #31 of 43 Swansea B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Next time I'll sleep in the car!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The smell of drains in the hallway and room was poor, the shower that did'nt work was worse but the hair from the previous occupier in the bed was horrendous!
It is never ok to take money for such poor service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 14Ollij
Manselguestaccom, Manager at Mansel Guestaccom, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am sorry that you did not have a good experience with us here at Mansel Guestaccom - first I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered - I am also horrified that you discovered hair in the bed as whatever other issues we have had cleanliness has never been poorly reviewed in the past.
I would like to comment, however, that if you had let us know about these difficulties ( either in person or via phone using the contact number in the room) we could have then offered you an alternate room, with a working shower and possibly even on another floor if the hallway smelt offensive to you?
It is unfortunate that we never had a chance to improve your stay.
Apologies again, Mansel Guestaccom.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tenby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Arrived during the manned hours to be greeted by a friendly gentleman who was very helpful and on leaving checked everything was okay for us. Said there had a problem with the small room and had upgraded us to a larger room, which when entering we were quite glad we weren't in the smaller room as we were unsure there would of been any room left for our bags once we'd gone in there.
The room was basic but clean and tidy, the tv was small but worked and served the purpose, the tea/coffee making facilities were fab plenty of tea bags and coffee sachets milk and packets a biscuits more than you would get in other budget chain hotels. The bed was okay not great but clean and tidy on arrival am for the night was fine (I don't think you will ever find a bed a comfortable as your own). The location was fantastic very close to the centre and plenty of places to eat around.

All in all, for the price you pay it's great value, and I would much rather pay money to a small local business than a chain hotel.

Would I take my partner, someone I wanted to impress or my children? No
Would I stay here of I was going shopping or for a night out? Yes.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your honest and measured review - it is really helpful to other guests to read a descriptive review like this. I am glad that Mansel Guestaccom was able to meet your needs for this trip.
Mansel Guestaccom.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed over for a night visiting family. Excellent location (arrived on train at 1130 at night) just ten mins walk from the rail station, clean, comfortable bed. Exactly what budget accommodation should be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manselguestaccom, General Manager at Mansel Guestaccom, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I'm very glad we were what you were looking for, thankyou for your review. Mansel Guestaccom
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I knew from the pictures and reviews that this wasn't going to be the Hilton or even a Travelodge for that matter, but when the rooms cost half the price of any others in Swansea, it was the perfect solution for a weekend on the cheap. We arrived during the reception time (from 1700-2000) so we were greeted by the owner, however there was a sign indicating that you had to phone if there was no answer. I can imagine there being a bit of a wait if so - and that's just to get inside the front door. He invited us into his office area which was a complete mess but we didn't need to go back in there. We paid upfront and then went up to our room, which was small but functional. It had all the basic facilities, just not where you would normally expect them! There was a WC in the corner of the room and a shower in the bedroom! (I have uploaded a picture) The room has been decorated but it screams DIY (and not great DIY at that). It had basic amenities like tea/coffee facilities and biscuits and a small television. There was supposed to be free wifi although it was either turned off or didn't reach our room.

It was fine for a minimalist overnight stay but you have to go with a very open mind!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manselguestaccom, Manager at Mansel Guestaccom, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I'm sorry that you found that the Guestaccom lacking, but glad that you suggest looking at it with an open mind!
As you say, the accomodation is budget and certain features are limited because of this. It is true that room 4 has the shower cubicle in the sleeping area rather than in the seperate toilet room, but all our other rooms have fully seperate shower rooms, I imagine we could have changed your room after check in if we had been informed of your preference - similarly you don't say wether you gave us chance to remedy the lack of wi-fi or not?
The phone number on the door is for out of hours check-in - usually no wait is necessary as an access code is immediately provided over the phone.
We are still working on the property as we only took over late last year, so I hope that you will still consider us with an 'open mind' for a future stay! Thanks, Mansel Guestaccom
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower worked well and the tv also was in full working order. There is no breakfast available but there are plenty of places in Swansea town centre, which is only a short walk from the guest house, to have breakfast at a reasonable price. Wifi is also free. I was very pleased with the room as it was good value for the price I paid for it. Only negative points are there is a strange smell in the hallway but it didn't smell in the room and also the room was quite hot as the heater was on all the time but regardless of the negative points I will be staying there again as I was happy with the room overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thankyou for your review, I am glad your found our budget accomodation true to it's name! And I imagine the peculiar smell in the hallway will not be present if you return to stay with us again... Apologies - Mansel guestaccom
Gravesend, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in October 12 but 1 or 2 nights max was really enough. Very disappointed as it was not as it appears on the website. It seems that the photo's are from a previous owner. The place smells musty and damp and there is a bad smell in the hallway. On arrival we were not greeted by anyone and had to call the owner in order to let ourselves in by entering a number in the keypad on the front door. We were then told to find our keys on the hall table and find our rooms by following the room number signs upstairs. The rooms were clean although very basic and decor was very plain. The bed was comfortable and bedding clean. Tea and coffee facilities were available but the mugs were tea stained. Not very warm or welcoming and definately lacks a woman's touch. Would not want to stay there again in its present condition. Before booking I had to contact owner to confirm whether breakfast was available as websites are misleading and I was unsure about breakfast availability. There is no breakfast and the dining room doesn't exist. The contact numbers/email addresses I found were from previous owner. Finally I got the current phone number and I made the proprietor aware of these issues. He said he didn't know the old websites and contacts were still being advertised. I suggested he look into it as it was very misleading and now that I have stayed I can say it is nothing like the photo's.

Room Tip: Room 1 was where I stayed which is a large room with a nice en-suite and electric shower which was v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret54_12
I would like to apologise that you felt misled, it has taken a while and proven quite tricky to remove all references to the old 'mansel guest house' as was, the internet is a great and terrible thing!
The way the new business is set up is to provide flexible check in times, hence the keypad/key collection scenario which actually proves very useful for many travellers.
I think that the new website and photos provide an up-to-date view of the Guestacccom for future travellers. Also (this is not an excuse...!) we only opened in September last year so I think that the first couple of months' teething problems, some of which you may have encountered, have now started to be resolved.

Travelers are raving about these Swansea hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night in Sept 12 and to be honest 1 night was probably the max anyone would stay!! On arrival we were told we had to pay up front before we had a chance to see the rooms- greeted by a bad smell in the hallway and the selling point of the establishment seemed to be that "we could come and go as we pleased" (I thought that would be a common theme in B&B world). Rooms were scruffy(Rm no 1 is the best room and actually not too bad) with no matching bedding although beds clean and comfortable.No breakfast and although we had cups,tea etc in room there was no kettle and our host disappeared after payment,never to be seen again!! Handy for town centre and plenty of places nearby.Worth £44 per night-No definately not unless it's a last resort!!!

Room Tip: Choose Rm 1 at the top if you can as it is nicer and has a modern ensuite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 186460Jane
I'm sorry that you were not impressed with your stay, we had not yet been open two weeks when you stayed and I realise that is when we should have been making the best impression, but I hope that most of the kinks are now ironed out. We do not offer breakfast, and all the advertising relating to the old 'b&b' has now been updated. Thanks, Mansel Guestaccom