“Lunch time special”

Gershwins Coffee House
Ranked #23 of 662 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fully Licensed Restaurant serving contemporary and traditional British food including a proportion of dishes influenced from other cultures. We serve a varied menu ranging from breakfasts through to a la carte specials. Open 7 days a week during the day and cater for groups and functions in the evening.
“Lunch time special”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for coffee and a snack today (Saturday lunchtime) was soon tempted by the specials - enthusiastically promoted by our jolly host. I had Cajun salmon and risotto whilst my daughter had the chicken curry. Really very good - they should think about opening in the evening - this type of food is innovative and good enough to draw the pre/post theater crowd - I would certainly go particularly as they are licensed. Young staff were attentive and very pleasant - a good happy atmosphere, Gerswins has certainly turned it up a couple of notches since I last visited 2 years ago.

South Wales
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic service and food”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

If I was to recommend anywhere in the Swansea area to go for Sunday lunch, it would have to be Gershwins. We have been to this cafe on numerous occasions and always have excellent food, however, today, they went over and above. We phoned them at 3:30 p.m. asking if we could book for lunch. Although the cafe was closing at 4pm, the chef told us that they would stay open for us to have a meal. The beef dinner was one of the best I've ever had. The meat was cooked perfectly and the veg was also of an extremely high quality. I was given a complimentary top-up of my coffee to round off the perfect Sunday lunch experience. On other occasions we have been here the food has been amazing - their famous veg soup is to die for and the cod on the specials menu is also superb.

• Visited June 2014
alysonpet
“Cooked breakfast horrible!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and son fancied a cooked breakfast this morning so tried this restaurant for the first time.

The food quality was exceptionally poor; very fatty bacon, those cheap, bready sausages and basic white sliced bread (bought from Wilkinson's apparently)! Yuck.........

If this was a transport cafe and the breakfast was £3 a head,the food standard would be to be expected, but as the breakfast cost £8.95 (plus drinks), this was dreadful. Shame.

• Visited May 2014
swansea
“Lovely food, lovely staff”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This palce has been in Nelson Street as long as I can remember. The staff are warm and friendly and always tell you about the "specials".
The food has a good homecooked taste, not frozen or mass produced.The upstairs area I find more relaxing and quiet.
In a road with a lot of eateries I tend to go back here even if there is a short wait for a table.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank franklynalouishus
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to have a cup of coffee and home-made food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friend and I have been there three times to have lunch in April. Every time we got surprised by their delicious food!

• Visited April 2014