“Highly recommend this place!”

Gershwins Coffee House
Ranked #20 of 685 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fully Licensed Restaurant serving contemporary and traditional British food including a proportion of dishes influenced from other cultures. We serve a varied menu ranging from breakfasts through to a la carte specials. Open 7 days a week during the day and cater for groups and functions in the evening.
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous staff, excellent customer service and stunning home cooked food. I have called in for lunch on two separate occasions and at different times. The first was very busy but we were still welcomed and shown to a seat immediately by friendly staff. We didn't have to wait long for a delicious meal off the special menu and the coffee was perfect. I was so impressed we called in again yesterday and tried the traditional Christmas dinner. Stunning! All I can say about this place, lovely warm atmosphere, great staff and service, stunning food. The interior design of the venue gives you that traditional old fashioned home cooked feel about the place. Will definitely be coming here more often.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stopped in for a coffee to break up the Christmas shopping experience. The decor looks old and worn and there was a bit of an old kitchen smell about the place. Carried on in anyway as I really want to find an independent cafe in the town centre to call my own. This isn't it. Decided on a piece of cheesecake which came out very well presented but tasted very old and artificial. The coffee was well below average. Returned, unrefreshed, to the Yuletide shopping frenzy.

1  Thank Taniwha16
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went for Sunday lunch after reading t.a. Immediately put off by smell but too awkward to leave as staff were all watching us! Very average food. Certainly won't go again, wish we'd left straight away like other couple did who walked in and straight back out and who we saw later when we went for coffee elsewhere!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was in Swansea City centre and decided to try Gershwins for breakfast, as I am a vegetarian I was hoping to find a vegetarian option which I did. A vegetarian breakfast is what I went for. I also had a large latte which was very tasty and full of flavour I could of had another. As I was drinking my latte I was watching the chef cook and the waitress assured me that my breakfast will be cooked separately from any meat products as I watched I could see clearly that she was right. My breakfast arrived at my table and my mouth dropped it was the best looking breakfast I have ever seen 2 eggs, 2 hash browns, mushrooms, beans, toms and 2 toast it was absolutely delicious I will definatly be returning again.

2  Thank Annemarie758
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Use this place every time we are in Swansea as it is so close to the shops. Lovely welcome, reminds me of when i was younger, no-one was too busy to talk and explain the menu. We usually have the roast dinner but had the special this time, liver and bacon in a red onion jus, gorgeous! Seats upstairs too apparently but we always sit down. Nice traditional, friendly restaurant serving hot, well cooked food. What more do we want.