“Loved it :) thanks poet corner”
Review of The Poets Corner

The Poets Corner
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
The Poets Corner
Ranked #17 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Swansea
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed in the poets corner for 4nights and I will definitely be coming back to stay in aug when im swansea. Room was clean and tidy an you only had to open the door to smell the clean laundry. Towels provided.. digital tv.. kettle with coffee and tea.. and the use of an iron. Staff where friendly and polite and very accommodating. Food was lovely with massive portions.. and its right opposite the beach added bonus :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank linzispeers

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Normally I go here lunchtime took family there for food at 5pm to show them how nice the food was! Different chef ordered 12oz Gammon got a bacon rasher complained to chef he gave me £2 back, good customer service! Wont be recommending this place again :-(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Benellie1, Owner at The Poets Corner, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hi I'm so sorry you was disappointed with your gammon we had a different chef in the day before that ordered 10oz gammons instead of 12 oz I'm sure it was a bit more than a bacon rasher if you would like to call in and discuss this with me I will be more than happy to sort this matter out as I don't want any of my customers to be disappointed

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my friends stayed at the Poets Corner pub on Oystermouth RD in Swansea going back last week, it was such a friendly place. The staff were warm and welcoming. They do outstanding meals at the bar and at a very reasonable price. The rooms were clean and tidy and once again at a reasonable price. The location is great too. I would certainly recommend The Poets Corner to anybody.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a lovelly view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012

A large group of us went for lunch. We pre-ordered our food and it was served promptly and was excellent quality and nicely presented. The chips are home made :) The service is friendly and welcoming.

A menu on your website would be good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gengriff
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My friends and i called into this pub on our way into town for a night out, the pub itself was very warm and inviting.we decided to order off the menu the meals are fantastic value for money,they had live music which was brill,the staff were all very friendly ended up staying at the pub instead of going into town fantastic atmosphere couldnt have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here this past September while visiting family in the area, and I have to say what a welcoming and homey feel I experienced. From arrival to departure I could not fault Carla the manageress or the hospitality received. If you're looking for somewhere that's close to town, good food and a safe warm place to go after a long day visiting family (lol), you wouldn't find a better b&b. I have no idea what the other reviewers are talking about with their 'rough' people in the bar. I certainly don't class myself as rough, nor anyone in there.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night, never again, originally booked in for 2 nights and was informed at 10am of the first morning of my stay that the room needed to be cleared for "construction" (whatever that means) which turned out to be an out and out lie seeing as the room had been rented out again already by the time i walked past there the following night. The room was not inviting at all and was in a dreadful condition as far as furnishing, shabby old carpet, moth eaten rug, the most basic single bed, no ensuite, no kettle in the room, no double glazing, the Bnb and general area tends to attract a lof of lower class rough types I felt. Doesnt make you feel welcome at all and the place is like a maze to get out of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Benellie1, Owner at The Poets Corner, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I need to respond to this review a single guy booked in a single room when I went upto his room there were 3 people in the room I asked him to either pay for the extra people or please leave he stated one night and then left I found most of his belongings all over the 3 floors we have we didn't say it was construction we told u to
Leave thanks for your reviews they do help us make things better x