“Dreadful”
Review of The Poets Corner

The Poets Corner
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swansea
The Poets Corner
Ranked #16 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Swansea
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night, never again, originally booked in for 2 nights and was informed at 10am of the first morning of my stay that the room needed to be cleared for "construction" (whatever that means) which turned out to be an out and out lie seeing as the room had been rented out again already by the time i walked past there the following night. The room was not inviting at all and was in a dreadful condition as far as furnishing, shabby old carpet, moth eaten rug, the most basic single bed, no ensuite, no kettle in the room, no double glazing, the Bnb and general area tends to attract a lof of lower class rough types I felt. Doesnt make you feel welcome at all and the place is like a maze to get out of.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Benellie1, Owner at The Poets Corner, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I need to respond to this review a single guy booked in a single room when I went upto his room there were 3 people in the room I asked him to either pay for the extra people or please leave he stated one night and then left I found most of his belongings all over the 3 floors we have we didn't say it was construction we told u to
Leave thanks for your reviews they do help us make things better x

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Came here with a few friends on sunday, Had a carvery, was lovely! Food was well cooked and the portion size served up wasn't stingy in the slightest, had trouble eating it all! Filled my plate with veg and potatoes!! At 7.95 for two courses who can grumble at that!!

The bar looked clean and bright, clearly just had a refurbishment and well worth the effort. The parking is a little bit of an issue, residents parking and double yellows prodiminantly, but its not a huge problem.

We were made to feel welcome and the staff were friendly and helpful. Will be coming back soon to sample the full menu!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

A night out with friends, there was great entertainment, the food was really nice and not expensive the staff was welcoming, and friendly. The drinks were very reasonable. there was a Great atmosphere, everyone enjoyed definatley visiting again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

booked in for 22th aug when we got there is was in a very bad area was told leave car on main road as not safe on side roads but no parking from 8am on main roads inside was main bar bit rough had to go though the bar steep stairs with holes in the wall due to fights 3 flights up the walls where unclean rooms very small looking onto main road the only good thing was they give us are money back

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank david m
Benellie1, Owner at The Poets Corner, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I would like to put a couple of things right on this review I appreciate the reviews as they will make us realise what we are doing wrong or right poets corner has just had a refurb so I really don't under stand why it would look rough David didn't even come into the bar as his partner came in before she said anything else she said they were all tired and not very happy with the traveling they had just done I took them to their rooms which were clean and tidy 1 of the members didn't want her room as it wasn't double glazing not much I could have done about that I'm afraid there are 2 flights of stairs not 3 not sure where they got the idea from that there was a hole in the wall from a fight and I didn't say not to park on the side street as it wasn't safe I told them that they could only park there for 3 hours I had made arrangements for a hairdresser to come to their room in the morning as they were going to a wedding really sorry you didn't like our place but if you wanted top of the range you should have gone to Morgan's and not a£20 per night b&b

Reviewed July 26, 2012

After I completed the race for life on the 22nd July, me and my friends popped down and had a gorgeous beef dinner carvery, if was delicious,also the service was very friendly and warming, all people who entered the race were invited with a cocktail on the house, it was so nice we had to have another, we ended up having a few drinks. We will definatly go again. In fact I know some friends are going there this sunday for some lunch. Thanxs. Melanie Hopkins, Swansea....

• Stayed: July 2012