“Delicious food, charming staff,great location”
Review of Dilwyn's Cafe - CLOSED

Dilwyn's Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Welsh
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are situated on the Marina with excellent views over the Marina. We are ideally located behind the LC2 Centre and near The Community Canal Boat and the Waterfront Museum. Outside seating when the weather permits for lazy breakfasts, coffee and cake breaks, or family lunches.Spacious room in the cafe which is very light due to the large viewing windows which overlook the marina. Daily papers and children's books available.Daily Lunch and Cake specials on blackboards.
Calne, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, charming staff,great location”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Dilwyn's cafe had been recommended to us by a very reliable source and our first visit was for drinks only. We sat outside as the weather was good and enjoyed the beautiful location. We were attended to promptly by friendly staff. Our second visit was for a meal the following day and we were not disappointed! My husband had liver balls, chips and peas whilst I had fish and chips. The batter on the fish was crisp ( I detest soggy batter) and the chips were delicious.My only problem was the size of the meal as sadly I could not do justice to it - even my husband was beaten! We will definitely be returning on our next visit to the area.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Susan T

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable food”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On Sunday I had booked to take my learning disabled community ( 25 in all ) on the river trip , it was cancelled due to the severe weather conditions , so we all headed to Dilwyns for lunch. We had various meals from the large breakfast to the chicken breast special and all were excellent , large portions, cooked fresh to order and served quickly and by very friendly staff. We were all very full but couldn't resist all the beautiful cakes baked on the premises. The meals and desserts are all very reasonably priced , real good value for freshly cooked food . It turned a day of disappointment into one with cries "of can we come here again " The answer is yes we will be going to Dilwyns again. Thank you to all staff for being so kind and helpful to us.

1 Thank jean g
Swansea, United Kingdom
“delicious reasonably priced food served by a friendly staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

our meals were freshly cooked and were delicious, they were served by friendly and helpful staff. There was just enough room for a slice of delicious home made cake and a coffee. We will certainly be visiting again.

1 Thank annie8190
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“tasty fresh fish”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Whilst out with friends on Sunday we had been recomended to go to Dilwyns in the marina and we were not disapointed.The cafe was very busy for a wet day. We were a large group with varied meal choices the friendly staff were friendly, exceptionally helpful and very patient. ourselves we had fish and chips the fish was fresh not frozen in a very light batter and lovely homemade chips, large portions and quickly served. The welsh cakes were light just like my mums reminded me of home. All food is home cooked and enjoyed by all

1 Thank Pam T
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I saw all the good reviews and I was so excited to give this place a go, but I was so disappointed with the quality of the food my pie had hardly any filling in it, and the portion size was so small no wonder it was so cheap, cheap food does not mean good quality food, so disappointed. Will not be returning.

• Visited August 2012