“Great hotel and great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morgans Hotel

Morgans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Swansea
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel is a great place if you're visiting Swansea for the Gower. It's also at the heart of Swansea's night life with loads of bars and restaurants. The rooms are excellent and the breakfast was very tasty.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the newer rooms in the building across the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Poole, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

It was disappointing to stay at the highly hyped Townhouse across the road from the main building, it felt like an annex to the beautiful main hotel and that indeed is what it is. However, it seemed to all my party to be reminiscent of a pack packers hostel. Carpets in all public areas heavily stained and smelly. Poorly maintained.
I understand that there are planning difficulties with the exterior of the building, but our room had no air conditioning ( that you might expect from a 'boutique' hotel) and when I told the receptionist that sleeping had been difficult due to the lack of fresh air as the windows would not open, I was told that I should have asked for a fan. When I informed her that a fan had been provided, I was met with a dismissive comment that 'it would have been nice to be warm', again to be fair, it was a very warm night, but this comment was not helpful. I was not offered any redress.
In the bathroom, the lighting should have been brighter. The decor of the bathroom reminded me of Hannibal Lector's cell. This was the 'accessible' accommodation, which was adequate.
Tea and coffee provisions were only adequate. The only outstanding part of our stay was the breakfast, which was very good.
Overall, definitely not worth the money or stress. This was Premier Inn standard at over hyped prices.

Room Tip: Stay in the main Hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn L
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and each time it leaves us wanting to go back. We stayed in the Henry Belle room which like all the others are individually furnished, however this room features a 4 poster bed,Huge TV and an impressive large bathroom with a massive walk in shower. The bar area is a hive of activity with a great selection of wines and champagne which are all reasonable priced. The location of this hotel is very central with all bars and restaurants within walking distance. Would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a boutique city centre location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This is my third family related trip to Swansea and to Morgans... it is always a nice change from the tiny hotel rooms in London - the rooms have all been spacious, bright and clean and the bathrooms luxurious. This trip was no different. So, if we need to make another trip to Swansea Morgans would be our first choice. However, some things need attention - there were cigarette butts around the entrance to the Town House building, the carpet in the hallway needs a good clean and breakfast was not the special affair we remember from past visits... And, given it is my third trip there, it would have been nice to hear "welcome back".

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1772_on_the_road
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had lunch in Morgans today with some great friends. There were 8 of us in the party and we all had a fantastic meal and felt it was great value. Two courses for £9.95 and not one of us was disappointed with our choices. All the food was beautifully cooked and presented. I had soup to start, that was so tasty and lamb for main. The meal experience was enhanced by the efficient and helpful staff. I will definitely be back and while this review will appear on the hotel page Morgans offers an additional excellent restaurant option. I would definitely eat in if I were staying in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here before and had a great experience. Booked again recently to celebrate my fiancee 40th. It was a bank holiday so we arrived on a Sunday to stay untill bank holiday Monday. Ok lets get one thing straight, the hotel and rooms are brilliant and the staff are professional, freindly and top notch. My gripe is the restaurant. When I booked I was told the main restaurant is closed on a Sunday (even on a busy bank holiday? Really? ) but another room is used for staying guests. A menu in the room was very nice so down we went. Down is the word! The other restaurant room is a basement room, no windows, the air con wasnt on and the room was small. It was horribly claustrophobic and the other guests present didnt look impressed. The menu on the table differed hugely from the one in the room with a very limited selection that did not appeal. We left and went across the road to TGI Friday and had a nice enough meal. Not though a romantic celebration I was expecting. Not happy Morgans. Not happy at all!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Neil J
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I discovered this hotel by chance when looking for a hotel near Swansea Marina. They do a great half price B&B Sunday deal, even on a BH weekend!! We booked for Sunday night at £55 for our room and for the Monday at £110 for the room.

The hotel was full, so I booked a room called 'Glance' in the Townhouse opposite. This double room can be converted into a twin room.

We also booked Sunday lunch, which was absolutely delicious and great value and the staff were very attentive.

The staff throughout the hotel are very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast on both mornings was equally delicious. Breakfast service on both mornings was a little lacking in attention to detail in that dishes and plates were not removed at all as we finished eating, so they piled up on the side of the table. There was no offer of more coffee and tea or just a "is everything ok, is there anything else I can get you". However, staff were very quick to bring more tea and coffee when we did eventually ask.

Our room was lovely and the beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous and the big shower heavenly! We were concerned about the negative comments we read on Trip Advisor about the noisy creaking wooden floorboards at the townhouse and we did notice the noise above us in the day time, but it didn't disturb us at all during the night.

One little niggle that I've noticed particularly the last few times I've stayed at hotels in general, is the cutbacks in complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits. I'm not a massive tea drinker or biscuit eater, but why just three teabags and one packet of biscuits per two guest per room. Is there new hotel legislation been passed on this? I always have to ask for more or use one teabag to make two cups of tea. The tea cups at the Morgan are very small, so maybe this is why teabags are rationed.

Location was perfect, with easy access to the marina and shops in the town. There was also plenty of room in the free car park, even on the day of a wedding at the hotel. It's a great location to drive to the beautiful beaches in the Gower. We booked the Langland Bay Brasserie for lunch on the Monday, followed by a walk along the cliff top from Langland Bay to Caswell Bay - the views are stunning, whatever the weather.

We would definitely return to the Morgans Hotel and I have recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014