“Excellent hotel - fab location”
Review of Morgans Hotel

Morgans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Glasgow
“Excellent hotel - fab location”
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of days while visiting friends. Lovely hotel, great location for restaurants and bars as just across the road from 'wine st'. 5/10 min walk from the high st. Breakfast was great. Visited La braseria restaurant across the road which was lovely too. Only minor point was squeaky floorboards!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Lynsay S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Evesham, UK
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel on business and was impressed by everything about it. My room was huge and beautiful with a lovely, well equipped bathroom.
The bar and restaurant were equally impressive and the food was gorgeous.
Wifi was free and super quick.
Staff were friendly and helpful and while the hotel doesn't have a gym or pool (the listed status of the building prevents it) it satisfies in every other way.
Recommended

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DenimGeek
Staffordshire
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The welcome slightly lacked something, it all seemed very business like, it wasn't it was a get away. I'm not that impressed on the amount of times you have to give credit card details, once on booking (on-line) then another swipe on arrival with any additional £50 added 'just in case' you spend something, you do of course get the final swipe amount adjusted to the actual amount. Room very clean, shower, double headed excellent, could be a little more generous on the tea and coffee made available. Bed a little soft for me, but we do like them to be 'very firm'.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Family4Staffordshire
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here last week, the food has a great price linked to it, and the bar is reasonable with a wide selection of different branded drinks. The staff are polite and the rooms are LUSH! if your looking for abit of class, and will simply not do a premier inn. come here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Welshexplorer1991
Petworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have visited Morgans before, just for a drink and knew it was one of the most stylish places in the area.
When I had to come to stay in Swansea due to my fathers ill health, I was amazed to see you could stay at Morgans for ( slightly) less than the cost of the Premier Inn in Morriston.
No contest!
It is a lovely building, centrally located, with charming, friendly staff who did everything they could to be helpful during my protracted stay at the hotel. ( My father was in in ITU in Morriston Hospital).
Breakfast was lovely.
The bar very relaxed and sociable.
Good (free) internet connection.
For the first time in my life I could understand how people could actually LIVE in a hotel.....
If you are planning this lifestyle change, come and live at Morgans!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BoutiqueFarmer
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed in Morgans on Friday evening, service was superb and room was 1st class, cant wait to stay there again, bar staff were prompt and very attentive. Checkin process was very easy and was shown to the room.

Room Tip: Try the Glen Gower Suite
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan J
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I'd been given a voucher a couple of years ago and decided to eventually use it at Morgan's. I There was no end date on the front of the voucher, and anyway, when something has been paid for such as a voucher, it shouldn't expire. Even though it was just out of date, the General Manager would not allow the £50 voucher to be accepted.

When I actually arrived at Morgan's I pointed out that I wouldn't have dinner there if it wouldn't be accepted. The general manager wasn't there at the time, so I was informed the matter would have to be referred later. So not only did I end up not being able to use the voucher, but I also paid for a very expensive meal that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

If you are going to have an expiry date on a voucher, put the date clearly on the front in large letters, not on the back in tiny letters, that frankly I now struggle to read (makes you wonder whether I should highlight the issue to the Equality and Human Rights Commission as it clearly is discriminatory).

The meal was very tasty, but I was disappointed to be overcharged by £4.95. Fortunately I spotted that error!

We also stayed in the townhouse (Clyde). A very smart room, but too big flaws. We didn't spend anytime in there until we went to bed, and then it became apparent it was freezing. The heating was put onto 30 degrees and somehow led to the room being made even colder. Sadly by that time of night it is too late to really do anything as you simply wish to sleep. Sadly that wasn't that easy as the flooring on the room above wasn't suitable and creaks when the occupants stood on it. They weren't active for long, but it meant that everytime they got out of bed you'd be woken up. Again it was too late to do anything about this.

You'd think on reading this that the General Manager would now reconsider reinstating the voucher. I trust they have the decency to do this. I won't be returning otherwise. Obviously there's enough money to fund Swansea City, but not me!

Room Tip: Ask them about the heating and don't get a ground floor room!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan W
Morgans_Group, Manager at Morgans Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologise for the problems encountered during your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and found it to be very tasty, I will pass on your feedback to our Head Chef and his team. Please accept our apologies that there was an error on the bill but I’m glad this was rectified at the time.

I’m also glad that you found your room in the Townhouse to be very smart. I am sorry to hear you had problems with noise and using the temperature control in the room but our reception is staffed 24hrs a day and would have been more than happy to help if you had alerted them to the issue.

With regards to the expired voucher we do give a period of two years for these to be used which is ample in the vast majority of cases. It is standard for gift vouchers to have a set period of validity and we have not previously found it to be an issue but will certainly monitor the situation going forward.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Morgans in the future.