“Second stay, still good!”
Review of Morgans Hotel

Morgans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Swansea
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I said back in May 2012 that it was my first but not my last visit I didn't realise it would take me nearly 9 months to get that second visit. This time I was in the main hotel building rather than the annex ( The Town House) my bedroom was named Mariner and what a grand room it is too, the view out of the windows was pretty drab, but at this time of year it's dark when you arrive, getting light as you leave. My colleague commented that he had stayed in hotel rooms smaller than his Morgans rooms bathroom!
Everything you could ask for from a good hotel, comfort, good service and good staff. I have set myself a target of getting another six or seven more visits by the end of this year and for each visit I aim to stay in a different room because I think they are all different! Breakfast choice was varied, the food was tasty and service impeccable (and friendly to boot). Because I'm still raving about Morgans "Mrs R200" now wants to come on a business trip to Swansea with me to see what I'm making so much fuss about it.
I do not hesitate in recommending this hotel for either business or social travellers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at Morgans as a guest attending one of the Hotels Exclusive Weddings; For this the entire hotel is closed to everyone except for the wedding guests. The ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening party were all held in the hotel and every room in the main hotel and the town house was for wedding guests only. I could go in to detail but to cut to the chase the entire day, night and morning after were just brilliant ...... rooms, service, food, venue, staff etc, etc (VERY high praise for ALL staff on that day and night) were just absolutely faultless on all accounts. Morgans really did provide a first rate service. I accept that having the exclusive use of the entire hotel did make a difference .... but nevertheless everything was just perfect.

..... here's the negative ..... My wife returned a few days later to collect something, a chap (short dark brown hair, late 20's - 30 ish... wearing a "Manager" badge) was stood outside and in the doorway, my wife had to say 'excuse me' to get past him, he neither acknowledged her nor held the door open for her which was really rude. No .... I didn't think he was a doorman, it's all about basic good manners and greeting customers, so he gets a serious thumbs down from me and definitely nil points. Might seem trivial but Morgans .... you're the ones purporting to be an upmarket establishment so don't let one person with such obvious ill mannered mistakes cloud your otherwise high standards .... have a word with him !!!!!.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WelshFarmer
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Morgan's a number of times and have found the staff friendly and helpful , the rooms excellent and the breakfast choice excellent. The prices, if you go for the town house are very reasonable compared to local chain hotels. Not sure that Boogaloo has written a review for the right Hotel as the comments don't match at all . I have taken advantage of the brilliant special offers and will be staying again soon. Keep up the good work Morgans.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Myself, my husband and 3 month old baby stayed at this hotel for one night on a five week trip around Britian. We had been staying in pubs and B&Bs during our trip, most of them very good but by the time we got to Swansea it was raining. We were cold and miserable and wanted to splurge on a bit of luxuary!
The girl in reception who checked us in was very friendly and very taken with our 3 month old baby boy. So much so she offered us an upgrade! She mentioned there was a school prom in the main section of the hotel that night and all the noise might be a bit loud for the baby! We really appreciated how thoughtful that was.
A staff member offered to help my husband with our bags from the car to our room which was in a block of rooms away from the main building and helped set up our son's bed.
Our room was divine! With a big comfy bed, fluffy pillows and luxury linens. The marble bathroom had beautiful toiletries and shower with great water pressure. The heated towel racks were a nice touch on such a cold and miserable day!
Breakfast was included in our room rate and was served in the dining room in the main building. The cooked beakfast we ordered off the menu while tea and coffee and cereals were presented in a buffet style. All were delicious.
We found all the staff friendly and very helpful. Highly reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SG_Sutherland
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I thought the hotel was lovely- great location within easy walking distance of the city, the room in a detached building was well presented and had everything we needed, and the breakfast was superb. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and very helpful and therefore do not comprehend the comments from boogaloo. Previously stayed in Marriott but this is far better- will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

More Fawlty Towers than nice hotel.Room smelled of cats pee.Staff snobbish and unhelpful.No interest in customers.Over priced and unpleasant.Good location near town.A bit of cleaning and some staff tarining ,especially on reception and it could be a great venues.Nice old features in building

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Boogaloo2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a house over the road from main hotel it was lovely and warm clean smelt fresh really comfy four poster bed .....bar area gets a big busy but it was Christmas so to be expected. Really friendly staff breakfast really good lots to choose from

• Stayed: December 2012