“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Tudor Court Hotel

and 1 more site!
Tudor Court Hotel
Ranked #33 of 39 Swansea B&B and Inns
LAMPETER
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Booked this room for a one night stay only, with my partner. It is not for the faint hearted. The staff are fine but the place is extremely dated, and tired. No on suite, no plug in sink, bathrooms dirty with broken tiles etc. Bed uncomfortable with collapsed mattress, room smelt of smoke. The fire alarm went off twice in the night! Would recommend only to contractors on a very tight budget. On a positive note the breakfast was ok and the serving staff were nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Well i think my title said it all but all id like to say about this hotel is its VERY overpriced for the rooms you get ( which were small and horrid)...i wouldnt advise it to anyone, i went with 3of my friends and the only reason we didnt walk out is cause luckily we only booked in for one night so we went straight out then had abit to drink so we could sleep through the drunken singing/ noises and bangs from the rowdy guests (that they didnt bother telling to be quiet).... We went to get our free breakfast at 8.50 (they finished at 9) and the staff were sat down eating and almost turned us away as they said breakfast had finished, it wasnt untill we made a fuss that they let us have our breakfast that we paid for..... ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank bananarama85

Travelers are raving about these Swansea hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The sea view from our window overlooking the beach was really nice. That is the only positive thing I can say about the Tudor Court Hotel Swansea.

Entering the hotel the owners have put some money in to renovating the reception in an attempt to convince customers the rooms may have had the same treatment. I can assure you this is not the case. The bedrooms haven't seen a decor change since the mid 70's, and that was probably the last time they were properly cleaned as well!

Entering our rooms ensuite bathroom we were greeted by the remainder of someone else's faeces in the toilet, not to mention the peeling paint on the ceiling. The shower was also a nightmare, the thermostat was completely broken so the only temperatures you could shower at were: ice cold or skin scaldingly hot.

Getting in to bed I noticed a twitching insect of some kind slowing dying on the mattress and several ominous stains on the covers.

For £50 this is totally unacceptable. £50 would get me a very comfortable room in a Premier Inn, this was by no means a comfortable room.

I'm astonished hotels like that can stay in business.

Room Tip: Ignore all positive reviews. Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Will M
Samosir
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We rate the Hotel based on what we want and what we expect for what we pay. First of all we want undisturbed fast Internet Access. Secondly, we want to smoke in our room and thirdly we want to get value for what we pay.

After having checked quite some places in and around Swansea for our 5 nights stay this was the only Hotel we could find where you can smoke in the room.

Notwithstanding some critical reviews here we thought to give it a try, if only for a few nights. We stayed for the full five nights.

We booked a double en suite room for 50 pounds a night, (Rp 750.000,--) including breakfast and we got one with Sea View on the Top Floor. A really nice Sea View, but a small double bed. Luckily the room came also with two single beds. Good for us. We loved the full English breakfast in the morning.

No Internet Access in the room, but a very good connection in the Bar, which was kept open for us also during the time that the Bar was closed.

Overall condition of the Hotel may be a bit so so, but whatever remarks we would have was made up for by the service and friendliness of the staff. Everybody went out of their way to make us happy.

Therefore, let us be the first one to give the Hotel and Staff the full Five Stars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Llandybie, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

After checking in i was given keys to my room on the first floor with a sea view.. The smell of smoke hit me in the face as soon as i opened the door!! I even choked a little. Very dated, old fashioned rooms with awful furnishings.. Being a non smoker I asked to change rooms. I was given keys to the room next door which had the same smoke problem! Also I found "stains" on the chair, a condom wrapper on the floor and PUBES in the bed!!!! I immediatley checked out where I was only given £20 of my £40 back and I've had to chase the manager for the other half of my money.
I went on to check in to the premier inn on wind st which was a bit more expensive but my health is worth the extra!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank snoek600
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

having been to 2 other hotels in swansea in fact the one next door i walked away this one had a few spaces to park most hotels in swansea have no parking so for the price of £20 per head with b/fast you dont get 5 star but what you get a is a clean room and a very good b/fast and the kicthen is spotless never seen a kicthen so clean the may be a bit dated but for the price its very good others a few door down want £70 and no b/fast so if you just need somewhere to sleep with b/fast this is well worth it i will stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank david m
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Searched on line for a hotel that myself and partner could smoke in and found this place, very shabby but clean, didn't want to share a bathroom so opted for the upstairs family room with on suite bathroom (closet type shower with toilet) stayed one night for £50 which included breakfast which we woke too late for so can't comment on that. Hotel was busy as it was weekend but we never got disturbed at all. If your a smoker and don't want anything fancy then this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2011