“I love this place.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Parrilla

La Parrilla
Ranked #259 of 640 Restaurants in Swansea
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“I love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great food. Great service. Great location. Just overall great. I really enjoy it here. Eat out a lot and this is my favourite place in Swansea by far.

The food is always fresh and there is a great selection of seafood and fish.

The evening menu is so reasonably priced (if I remember correctly - 2 courses for under £12)

A must for anyone visiting Swansea.

• Visited February 2013

Highampton
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate here during an Easter visit to Swansea. We found the food more than acceptable. My Wife chose two starters instead of a single main, mussels and calamari. Both were cooked very nicely. I chose a well done 10oz Sirloin Steak and it was cooked perfectly. It was a very busy night and we were late to be seated. The queuing to select your meal is novel but I would get a little tired of this after a while. The service was a little slow and one of our party didn't receive a starter. Which wouldn't have been so bad if the staff hasn't argued with him that he hadn't ordered it!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was a work's lunchtime 'do' that coincided with Maundy Thursday, sort of a Bank-Holiday in the afternoon for Civil Servants so the place was packed as it coincided with pay-day as well!! As I say it was heaving but the staff rose to the occasion. You pick your food from the fresh display, a good range of meat and fish. Although it was packed we'd booked a table, turned up on time and they were prepared for us. The choices were cooked and brought to the table, and it was very good as we all agreed. My steak was correctly cooked, and tasty as was the chicken next to me (I love sitting next to small-eaters, plenty of left-overs). I think I'd go again but on a more formal evening out, I expect it's possible to run up a fair bill as most 'extras' are charged for. We went for the £10 lunch menu which was a starter and a main course with chips/saute/ boiled and that was it. vegetables were extra but at £10 you can't really argue can you?

• Visited March 2013
Swansea
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I have had many excellent evenings in La Parilla
The food is fresh ,with an overall good choice- although favourites do seem to sell out quickly- especially if you are late diners.The place is always bustling and the bar area can become a little congested.- it is certainly well patronised to say the least.
There can be live music in the bar and the young duo we have seen on a number of occaisions are really very good.
Some tables have a view out over the water which is an added bonus.
The staff are always accommodating but sometimes rather rushed due to the volume of custom.
Unless arriving by taxi - parking can be difficult as there are no immediate places and the nearest car park can be a bit of a walk for the less mobile
That said-- I would have no reservations about recommending this restaurant for good food and company and I am confident that Juan and his team will do their utmost to help make it an enjoyable and memorable experience-

• Visited February 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Quality produce which you choose yourself & the chefs cook to your requirements. Good variety of fresh fish and the choice of the lunchtime set menu is excellent.

Visited September 2012