“Christmas party”
Review of No Sign Wine Bar

No Sign Wine Bar
Ranked #43 of 645 Restaurants in Swansea
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Wine Bar, Welsh
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The oldest pub in Swansea.
“Christmas party”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

In response to the last review - Bryngwyn54. We also had our Christmas party on the same day and are very surprised at this persons comments. Our food was delicious and there were no complaints from any of our party. Several of us had the beef which absolutely melted in the mouth. We have already booked for next year

“Not what I hoped for!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Last night our office held their Christmas " do" at this venue. The front of the pub is very olde worlde. The back though where we were is more modern. I have to say that the service during the meal was very good. The staff worked hard as the place was packed with diners and revellers. I was though terribly disappointed with the quality of the meal. The soup was ok. I'd ordered beef but it was really tough,difficult to cut and almost impossible to chew! I probably wouldn't have said anything just put it down to bad luck had it not been for my dessert. I had ordered the crumble which is my most favourite dessert! When it came, It was very cold and tasted of chip fat!!! I complained and was offered another choice but to be honest it had really put me off. Others who had the crumble were also unable to eat theirs. I asked on behalf of the "crumblers" if we were to be charged for our desserts. I was told in no uncertain terms that we were to be charged. So we simply deducted the costs of our desserts from the tip!!! Oh we'll there's plenty of other Christmas venues inSwansea to consider for next years do!

• Visited December 2013
Tara N, Manager at No Sign Wine Bar, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am obviously not surprised by your review as you did threaten us with it on Saturday night. I am however surprised to read the embellished version.
Of the 4 crumbles served to your table, you and one of your colleagues did complain, your colleague said there was nothing wrong with hers it just wasn’t to her personal taste, you said yours was cold, (this may have been due to the fact it is served with sorbet and you may have tasted a part that was cooled by it) at this point you were both offered any other dessert which you declined.
As for your comments about your main course, I am struggling to give them any credibility. I personally checked on your table during the meal to receive only compliments, I also cleared away the clean plates, and to quote many of your colleagues ‘it was a lovely meal’.
I also find it hard to believe that you complained about a cold dessert but failed to mention at any time your main course was ‘impossible to chew’.
When presented the bill you did ask if your two desserts had been removed, as you had both been offered replacements they weren’t, it was at this point you said ‘I feel a trip advisor review coming on’
We were as you stated very busy that night and served many meals, yet yours was the only complaint we received.
Our chefs take alot of pride in the food they serve, I feel it is a shame that you felt you had to criticise your entire meal just to justify writing this review.
I hope that in the future, other venues that cater for you also don’t feel bullied into discounting meals under threat of a bad review.
“Sunday Lunch - Wow!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have to say this is one of the best places to have sunday lunch in Swansea. The meat is plentiful, the veg is crunchy yet succulent, and the staff had no qualms is giving us extra veg and gravy if we finished all ours. Highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
“Disaster”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Ordered 3 meals but they forgot to put our order in. Waited for ages. Then they informed us that my fish had fallen on the floor and couldn't be seved to us in that condition and they would prepare another one. Maybe if it hadn't fallen into bits they could have served me it? (more delaying tactics). When the meals finally arrived the veg was stone cold (probably forgot to microwave it). So all in all a right shambles.

Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great place to go to have a drink or order a meal. Good for office meals out/parties, the buffets are very good quality.

Visited October 2013