“Massive change since I last visited”
Review of Chiquito - Swansea - CLOSED

Chiquito - Swansea
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I visited this restaurant about a year ago and it was fine but not massively memorable. I ate there this evening with some friends and we were very impressed with the changes. It felt far more organised and the menu is 100% better - especially for vegetarians. My two friends ate off the '2 courses for £15 menu' and said it was delicious. I had the very spicy chilli vegetarian burger. Full of flavour and fresh. The food was lovely, the service was excellent, friendly and attentive. Our waitress was superb. I wish we had asked her name - think it was Renata? Anyway, we shall return. It's a perfect place to eat before the cinema.

EML_10, Guest Relations Manager at Chiquito - Swansea, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Hi Chutneybeads, thanks for your lovely comments :-)))) Sign up at chiquito.co.uk for all our latest offers or visit vouchercloud for a £10 voucher

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Oh dear,

Told i could not have fajitas without onion as the vegetables come in a bag,

That's a disgrace to the industry!

No chefs or cooks just food assemblers and microwave operators.

Terrible waste of time and money

You may as well get a mexican dinner kit from the supermarket as it will be better and you wont get stung for as much money.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to Chiquitos for the sole reason that Nando's had a half hour queue. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised, despite the recent negative reviews on here.

Service was really quick and the waitress was very friendly and cheery. Initially, we were brought this popcorn in a bowl with some brown dusting on it... It was immense! Dead tasty, spicy, salty popcorn in a little bowl to nibble whilst we browsed the menu was well received. The food was good without being great: tasty but a bit like any other mexican/grill/tex mex place. Enchiladas were nice, pulled pork was tasty.

My major issue was the price. Although the food and service was good, it cost around £35 for just a main course and one drink each. This is very pricey for a restaurant such as this in my opinion; if we had gone to Nando's as we originally planned this would have cost us a tenner less and been as good if not better.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited on the 12th of October for lunch. I and my friend are vegetarians so we ordered veg burger and veg burritos.
When my burritos came I discovered on the first bite that it was pork burritos. This is sinful for me and I was very upset. The manager came and we were given the meal free and a £30 voucher for my next visit. I appreciate the free meal and the voucher but this is a serious mistake made by staff. Also the restaurant was not busy and only 4 tables we occupied.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We was a party 12 we have good waiter service friendly and polite but a little slow with drinks and food was very very slow, on many occasions we asked if drinks was on there way as we had been waiting 20 mins for just a hand full of drinks, the bar staff had a stinking attitude with us by calling one guy on our table a "faggot" and then coming over to our table slamming the drinks down in the wrong places then when my grandmother approached the guy saying please don't have a attitude he back mouthed my grandmother absolutely disgusting attitude. The whole experience was marred by the experience of the bar man, the manager attempted to resolve the situation which was appreciated but still there was no need in this happening, will never never recommend to anyone to go to chiquito in Swansea. Never ever again disgusted...and very over priced and over starred.....

2  Thank Aaron_L460