“Overpriced and poor quality food.”
Review of Chiquito - Swansea - CLOSED

Chiquito - Swansea
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'South of the border' passion is always served up at Chiquito. A menu of bold Mexican and Tex-Mex cuisine is prepared however the diner likes it. Burritos, sizzling fajitas and tacos can all be customised for vegetarians or those wanting more spice. A kids menu, games and entertainment add to the family-friendly vibe, and there is a great range of exciting cocktails, mocktails, wines and tequilas.
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Thought the quality of the food was poor and was way overpriced. I ordered Chicken and 'tiger' prawn fajitas which consisted of 4 smallish prawns (not sure how they could be tiger prawns) and a few thin strips of chicken with some overcooked onions (no peppers!), plus the normal sour cream etc and a few very small wraps. This came to over £14! which is way overpriced. I've made way better fajitas myself using an 'Old El Paso' kit. The rest of the food was no better, my girlfriends salad was dire. Cost over £40 just for 3 main courses and a couple of beers. Maybe i just went on a bad night, but I wont be going back - much better quality food available for this price.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice recently and enjoyed the experience. Week nights they offer a two courses for £9.99 deal that is very good value for money. The portions are a good size and the quality of the food is pretty decent. The service is usually good, although on two seperate occassions they forgot something I ordered, once it was another drink another occassion my side didn't appear until after I had finished my main (they didn't charge me for the side). The music and general feel of the restaurant is nice and the menu is huge! If you go onto their offical website you can usually print off an offer as well (such as a free starter). Overall I enjoy eating here and would recommend it, especially if you have a voucher or make the most of their cheap deal.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I thought l would not go far from the hotel after a long drive and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the service.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Dined here as a family treat - you can get regular offers online with discount vouchers for things like 'Kids Eat Free' etc.

Food and service were excellent, and, although the waiting time was very reasonable, the kids are given crayons and a 'fun pack' to keep them occupied.

Recommended for families.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love mexican food and this establishment is spice in a building! The variety on their menu is amaxing, the service is very good and the added bonus of the venue being near the cinema/wind street and taxi rank its Ideally situated!

I have had the burrito twice and must say have come out on both occasions asking when we are going back again!

Amazing food and lots of tastes going on! ill be back!